Most of us will agree that bright red pimples on the cheeks are an unsightly sight, and need to be removed as soon as possible. Anyone who suffers from pimple and pimple redness knows that it is not only uncomfortable but unsightly. It’s time to see how you can cover up your acne and reduce the redness from your face even if you have a severe case of acne.
This only causes unnecessary irritation of the skin and aggravates acne and inflammation further. If you are experiencing pimple redness and would like to learn how to reduce the redness of pimples fast, then read this collection of favorite pimple home remedies and tips:
The Best Fastest Ways To Reduce Redness of a Pimple
Here are a few trusted remedies that will be sure to help you accomplish exactly that.
- First thing you can do is take any face primer, put a little bit on your fingers then apply it on your entire face. It will help the make-up last longer.
- Lemon juice is highly acidic and will dry your skin. Use a cotton swab and gently coat the effected area. You will notice that within an hour or so your pimple has drastically reduced in size.
- Applying toothpaste all over your face will only damage your skin and can even make acne redness worse. If there are a few pimples that are causing you some discomfort all you need to do is dab a little toothpaste on them before you go to bed.
- Freezing is a great way to reduce redness and swelling. Simply take ice cubes out of the fridge and hold it to your problem spots once every hour or so.
- Fresh cucumber juice is an excellent remedy to remove redness from the pimples. The juice helps to make the open pores of the pimples tight and thus decrease the redness. Extract some cucumber juice and apply it generously all over the face and allow it to stay on your face for about 15 minutes.
- Aloe vera gel has some excellent qualities that make it a great choice for reducing redness from pimples. It is a good astringent, it has antibacterial properties that help to fight the infection and has good anti-inflammatory properties too. Take some gel and apply it on each of the pimples that have redness. Leave it over the pimples overnight.
- Take some ibuprofen and swab the pimple with alcohol. It takes a couple of hours for the ibuprofen to kick it, but it relieves the pain and shrinks the swelling.
- If you’re in need of a quick fix, applying a bit of toothpaste to the affected area right before bed can help soothe pain and reduce redness.
- Aspirin will have the same exact effect on your acne redness as toothpaste. The only difference is the preparation. You will not be able to apply the aspirin in it’s solid state. You will need to crush it into a powder and add a tiny bit of water to turn it into a paste. This paste can be lightly applied on the effected areas.
- Tomato juice is another natural remedy that tightens up the pores and cuts down the redness drastically. You should apply the juice evenly around the face and leave it on for around fifteen minutes before washing it with lukewarm water.
By using any one of these solutions, you can reduce or even get rid of pimple redness in no time. Now you know how to reduce pimple redness easily. No matter which method you choose to reduce your pimple redness, you have to take certain measures to ensure better results.