Acne is the most common skin problem and people from any age group can have acnes. Most of the time we hear teen-agers complaining about acne because they are more conscious about their skin and beauty but there is no evidence as such which shows any relevance between acne appearance and age. Acnes are basically pimples or blotches caused by the swelling of oil glands also called as sebaceous glands.
Adolescents with acne usually turn to treatment options, with 80% of boys and 70% of girls testing out some kind of solution to relieve mild to medium acne. Very severe acne issues like cystic acne could cause scarring if left untreated.
I probably do not need to give you an introduction to acne, because I am pretty sure that if you are reading this blog, you know just how frustrating it really can be. But below, I am going to give you 12 facts about acne that you probably haven’t heard before…
The 8 Interesting Facts About Acne
- Bacteria is not the initiating cause of acne. Lesions inflicted to the cells lining the sebum canals within the hair follicles is an initiating cause. Such lesions may be caused by either the shear force of new sebum being produced at the time of puberty, or by the shear force of pressure on the walls of the sebum canals due to blocked pores or pinched-off sebum canals and and sebum not being able to outflow swiftly to the surface of the skin.
- Nearly everyone out there suffers from acne. It has been suggested that around eighty percent of the American population is suffering from this skin disease. Acne is something that effects both females and males as there is no cure for it right now.
- Acne bacteria proliferates only inside blocked pores. And when they proliferate beyong certain limit they also inflict lesions to the cells in the sebum canals by virtue of the breakdown of sebum they feed on, and the accompanying acids that their metabolism generates.
- For some more facts about acne – Blackheads are pimples that go to the surface of the skin and look black. Despite what you have been told, the black color is not caused by dirt.
- There are many forms of pimples. The most common type of pimples are whiteheads. Whiteheads are pimples that stay under the surface of your skin.
- If you do not have money to visit the dermatologist, then you could try using a mud mask each week. Make sure the mud mask contain the ingredient known as sulfur.
- Scrubbing and vigorous washing make acne worse. Loofah sponges, Buff Puffs, scrubs containing particles, and strips applied to the skin are all irritating and make acne worse.
- Excess caloric intake (the amount of daily calories consumed beyond those required to sustain your current body weight) can adversely affect your testosterone levels and in turn the production of sebum, which may get trapped inside hair follicles and lead to acne breakouts.
Acne could possibly be mild, medium or major, but no matter what level of acne you have, it is best to explore exposed skin care for just one of many strategies to help remedy and reduce all types of acne.