Pimples on the chin are very common and more so among men. What differentiates chin pimples from the rest is that they can be very painful. As such, proper care must be taken so that one doesn’t accidently scratch the zit.
Lumpy, red chin acne is one of the most challenging problems of dealing with teenage acne, because the products you can use to fix acne elsewhere on your face don’t always work on your chin.
Don’t stock up on chin acne concealers, however, because simple changes in your personal health habits often can help you get rid of chin acne for good. Here are seven essential secrets for treating acne on the chin.
Causes of Chin Pimples
Most sources say acne on chin and jawline is caused by several reasons. The most common ones are high stress levels, the presence of toxins and impurities in the body or an unbalanced diet. Sometimes even a bad hairstyle such as long bangs that caresses the chin can cause chin acne to arise. The habit of touching your chin, whether with your bangs or your fingers can lead to festering of acne bacteria on your chin. Keep hands and hair away to remove acne under chin.
Treatment of the Chin Pimples
- Dry some orange peel until they are brittle. Then, pound them to powder and make a paste with a little bit of water. Apply it on the chin pimple and allow it to dry. Apply the peel paste till the pimple disappears.
- Take two cloves of garlic and lightly mash it so that the juice comes out. Gently rub the pulp on the pimple. This will clear up the skin and make the pimple disappear. Make sure that you rub the garlic several times a day. Another way is to eat three small cloves of raw garlic for a month. This will also help in getting rid of the pimple.
- Chin acne is one of the most challenging acne problems, but sometimes there are simple solutions for chin acne.
- Sometimes using brands of toothpaste and mouthwash that are SLS-free can clear up acne fast.
- Blend a handful of coriander in a food processor and extract the juice. Take a teaspoon of the coriander juice and mix it with a pinch of turmeric powder. The coriander juice can also be replaced with mint juice. Before going to bed, wash the face thoroughly and apply the mixture on the chin pimple. Wash it in the morning.
- The leaves of fenugreek can also act as pimple remedy. Grind the fenugreek leaves in a blender. Add a little bit of water and form a paste. Before going to bed at night, apply the paste on the chin pimple and wash it in the morning, using warm water.
- Treat cystic acne on the chin as soon as you see it. Tretinoin topical may help.
- Don’t shave with a dull razor, especially on the chin or on the neck.
- Don’t irritate the skin around the pimple as it may cause more pimples. Those who shave should do so with care. If the pimple is ruptured, it can leave a scar mark behind.
- There are no special acne products for your chin. You may just need more of the products you use for acne anywhere else on your face. One of the best sources of all the acne products you need is Exposed Skin Care.
Good luck in finding the right chin acne treatment for yourself. Try everything suggested above natural and you not see acne on chin area ever again.