If you think that surgery is the only way to get rid of pimple scars, then you are wrong. There are many home remedies for acne scars that are cheap yet effective. Let’s face it having acne is a major problem for most people, especially teenagers.
After getting rid of all kind of skin infection, when you sit back and sigh that it’s all over you are left with those tainted marks for life. If plastic surgery does not seem to be the answer for all the problems, get the help of these simple home remedy treatments.
Finding a natural cure for pimple scars is essential, especially when your skin is highly sensitive to the medical treatments available in the market. Read the home remedies given below and find yourself free of the unwanted ‘after effects’ of acne!
Home Remedies for Pimple Scars
Here are a few of the simple yet effective natural home remedies for acne scars:
- Apply sandalwood paste with rosewater and leave it overnight over the scars. You can even apply a mixture of sandalwood paste and black gram paste.
- You can also try herbal juice of Aloe Vera or also can use the Aloe Vera Gel on the acne or acne scars directly. Dip a cotton ball on aloe vera juice and apply in on the acne or acne scars. After ten minutes you can wash it with normal water. Repeat this regularly and you can get the results.
- Cucumber with lemon juice or honey with lemon juice also helps. Honey also helps for chicken pox scars. However people with oily skin should avoid the use of honey.
- Water is a natural treatment for various kinds of skin problem. It is an effective cure for acne scars too. Drink plenty of water daily, so that the dead skin cells get removed from your skin.
- Rosehip seed oil is found to be a wonderful natural cure for acne scars. Apart from being an anti-aging agent, it regenerates the skin and reverses the discoloration process as well. Gently massage the oil on the acne scars, twice daily.
- Tomatoes are rich in vitamin A and helps prevent the overproduction of sebum, which is responsible for the accumulation of acne. Just slice up a tomato and place it in your face, especially in areas where acne is prevalent.
- This is effective home remedy for acne scars, especially when you have dark scars. Apply lemon juice to your face, let sit for a few minutes, and then wash it away. Applying lemon juice regularly will guarantee the elimination of scars.
- Mix 1 tablespoon each of sour cream, yogurt, grinned oatmeal and few drops of lemon juice. Apply it on scars and leave for 10 minutes and rinse.
- The regenerative characteristic of lavender oil makes it an effective home remedy for acne scars. Massage the oil on the scars before going to bed. The next day, wash your face with water.
- Using a piece of cotton, dab the egg whites on your face. Egg whites are proven to reduce and eventually remove acne scars from your face.
These home remedies are proven to help reduce and eliminate those pesky pimple scars. Who would have thought that so many things that can be found in your kitchen are also effective remedies against the scarring of acne? With these home remedies for acne scars, you won’t need to invest a lot of money just to say goodbye to those scars.