Winter the most romantic, beautiful and favorite season of many demands a bit more attention to your skin and hair. Winter is the seasons when our body, skin and hair need extra attention majority of us ignore our hair care in winter weather. The softness and moisturizing ingredient s of our hair get vanished and it results in dryness, roughness and sometime itchiness.
The dry and cold winter can be very damaging to your hair. Hair easily becomes dry during this time of year from the dry indoor heating and the dry cold weather outside. Proper preventative steps need to be taken during this seasons to ensure that your hair does not get damaged.
The Easy and Simple Hair Care Tips in Winter
Winter hair care aims at keeping the hair from getting dry, brittle and discolored. Here are some winter hair problems and tips.
- Do not over shampoo your hair. In cold winter weather, the hair and scalp both already have dryness so the over use of shampoo makes your hair and scalp drier and it will results in itchiness and sometime patchy dandruff also.
- Avoid taking hot showers or washing your hair in hot water, use warm or cool water instead, the heat can dry out and/or damage your hair and skin.
- Scalp massages can definitely help your hair maintain it’s health because by massaging the scalp you improve blood circulation at scalp level, making sure the oxygen levels and the nutrients necessary for a healthy hair are increased.
- Choose conditioner that is designed to moisturize dry hair. If your hair is oily, choose lighter conditioner and if your hair is very dry, choose a rich conditioner, especially if it has the word “replenish” on it. This type of conditioner is fortified with important nutrients and can feed starving, dry hair.
- Take care of your hair with warm oil massage. A warm oil massage will do wonders for not only your hair but also for your scalp. Oiling your hair at least once in a week will stimulate and moisturize the scalp.
- Dandruff is an unique feature of winters. It happens due to dryness as well. The best way to treat winter dandruff are Warm a small bowl and pour some coconut oil into it. Mix a spoon of lemon juice into it and massage it on your scalp. Keep it overnight and wash it off using a mild shampoo. Mix 5 spoons of curd with 2 spoons of methi powder. Apply it on your scalp and leave it for 25 minutes. Rinse it off well later.
- Use dozens and dozens of moisturizer. Lock your hair with extra moisture as your hair’s natural moisture vanishes in winter so need extra moisturizing. You can also go to a salon for a professional deep-conditioning treatment. This is a great way to keep your hair healthy and shine in the winter weather.
- Get your hair regularly trimmed to ensure that you remove split ends. The cold temperatures and the powerful winds can stress the hair and cause split ends.
- Comb your hair properly: Don’t comb your hair when it is wet and use only wide tooth comb, if possible. As you comb or brush dry hair, static electricity may build up and to reduce it, use hair spray on your comb. Wooden combs are less likely to generate static than those made from plastic, also finer hair can generate much more static than thicker one.
- Use the right type of products, not only in winter but in every season. The use of right typed and suitable products for your hair will make a big difference in the overall health of your hair. You can also consult to a hair specialist in this regard.
Winter hair care also includes covering the hair when going out and avoid using blow driers regularly. Use these winter hair care tips to enjoy the season optimally.