The problem of frizzy hair is something that majority of the females have to face, especially those with curly hair. Despite our differences and grass is always-greener attitudes, there is a common enemy that binds women of all hair types: Frizz. This poufy, unruly mess of fluff can affect us all but it’s up to the individual to find a way to fight it.
But if you have straight hair or, god forbid, wavy hair, you’re practically going crazy thinking of ways to cover up your bad hair days. Unfortunately, these days, all days seem to be bad hair days! If you want smooth and silky hair just like in those shampoo commercials, then don’t worry. We are here to give you tips for every problem of yours.
The Best Frizzy Hair Care Tips
The good part is that following certain simple steps and taking some precautions can help you stop frizzy hair. In the following lines, we have provided some home remedies for preventing frizzy hair.
- Drying hair with forced towel rubbing can damage it and cause it to become frizzy. Instead of rubbing hard which will cause the hair shaft to break, lightly dab the hair with a towel. It may take longer but your hair will reward you for it. If you must shampoo every day, make sure you use a mild one. Your ideal hair care routine must include washing with a shampoo that has moisturizers and then using a good conditioner that will smoothen out the hair shaft.
- Don’t wash your hair on a daily basis. Rather, stick to taking a head bath twice in a week.
- After applying conditioner, always rinse your hair with cold water. It locks down the cuticles and prevents frizzing.
- A hot oil massage is known to be a good remedy for frizzy hair. Heat some olive oil and apply it to your hair 30 minutes before you wash it. Do the hot oil treatment once a week to reduce frizzy hair problem. Regular use promises to give you smooth and well-behaved hair.
- If you don’t wash your hair every day, wear a shower cap when bathing to keep the moisture away.
- Condition and nourish your hair by applying a hair mask once or twice a week. Always concentrate on the ends and leave the mask on for approximately 10-15 minutes, before rinsing it thoroughly.
- Do not blow dry your hair more than once or twice a week. Even while using a blow dryer, never run it up and down the hair. If possible, use an ionic blow-dryer.
- Don’t let the water get too hot when you’re showering or bathing, or the bathroom will get steamy steam is public enemy number one when you’re trying to maintain sleek hair.
- If you want to control frizz but maintain body, run the top layer of your hair through a flat iron. It’ll smooth the top but keep some volume underneath.
- Do not keep touching your hair throughout the day and try to keep your hands away from the hair as much as possible.
Remember your cut will play a huge part in how your hair looks daily. Make sure you get a cut that suits your hair type and face cut.