Many people are dissatisfied with their nose. Most people think that their nose is oddly shaped, the common complaint being that it is too large. Many individuals with larger noses may be self-conscious about their nose and seek to reduce its appearance. If you are blessed with a more than prominent nose which is a bit on the larger size, then you must be looking for ways to make it appear smaller.
However, this does not mean that plastic surgery is required to fix these flaws that may make you feel self-conscious. So are there any other ways in which you can make your large nose appear smaller and more in proportion to your face without resorting to plastic surgery? The following tips will teach you how to make your nose look smaller using just makeup.
You Will Need The Right Tools
- Dark foundation, matt
- Highlighting cream
- Loose powder
- Angled blush brush
- Makeup sponge
The Effective Makeup Tips To Make Your Nose Look Smaller
- Cleanse your face and moisturize it to prepare your face for makeup. If you have an oily skin, skip applying moisturizer on the nose.
- Applying foundation does not only help to even skin tones, hide blemishes and small skin imperfections, but it can also be used to make your nose look smaller. Use a color of foundation that is one shade darker then your normal facial skin tone.
- Use water proof makeup so that it doesn’t get washed away and keeps your nose job intact.
- Choose a concealer with one shade lighter than your skin tone. Apply the concealer on the bridge of the nose in straight line to make the nose appear thinner. Apply bronzer on the tip of the nose if it is too long.
- Apply a highlighting cream down the center of your nose in a thin line with the help of an angled blush brush.
- Highlight your cheek bones to give you a nicer complexion. Those with light skin should stick with pale colors, such as a light pink that is blended across the cheekbones.
- By adding brilliant color to your lips, your nose will appear smaller in comparison. If you have thin lips, apply a lip plumper gloss to make your lips look larger.
- Finally, dust some loose powder over your makeup to set the foundation. This will also ensure that your makeup lasts all day.
Always check your final makeup in natural lighting to make sure that your face does not look very made up. This will help to make your nose look smaller because lighter shades tend to enlarge and darker shades tend to de-emphasize.