Baked chicken and rice is an easy dish to prepare for a casual dinner with your family or some friends. It has many variations and many ingredients can be substituted to suit your specific tastes. Following are a few baked chicken and rice recipes to get you started.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
- 2 (4.5 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms
- 2 (1 ounce) packages dry onion soup mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cut each chicken breast in half to make a total of 8 pieces; set aside.
- Mix cream of mushroom soup with milk. Reserve 1 cup of mixture. Combine remaining mixture with rice, untrained mushrooms and 1 envelope of dry onion soup mix.
- Spoon rice mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish. Arrange chicken pieces on top. Pour reserved soup mixture over chicken and sprinkle with other envelope of onion soup mix. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove cover and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes and serve.