Very yummy, Chocolate Angel Cake recipe with cocoa and egg whties, frosted with fluffy white frosting or chocolate frosting.
- 2 cups egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix confectioners’ sugar, cake flour, and cocoa. Sift together 2 times, and set aside.
- In a clean large bowl, whip egg whites, salt, and cream of tartar with an electric mixer on high speed until very stiff. Fold in white sugar 2 tablespoons at a time while continuing to mix. Fold in flour mixture, a little at a time, until fully incorporated. Stir in vanilla. Pour into a 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for approximately 1 hour, or until cake springs back when touched.