Tickle your taste buds with this delicious Norwegian Fish Balls. Indulge yourself in this Norwegian Fish Balls as Side Dish. Seems like Spanish food never lets you down. This recipe of Norwegian Fish Balls is one such example. I thought of Simply yummy, what are the words that come to your mind instantly on tasting this Norwegian Fish Balls recipe?
- 1 lb haddock
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 lemon slices
- Remove skin and bones from fish.
- Wash and dry on paper towels.
- Cut fish into chunks; put through food grinder using fine blade, twice.
- Beat egg whites until they form soft peaks; fold into fish.
- Put through grinder again; turn into medium bowl.
- In small bowl combine cream, cornstarch, 1 teaspoon salt and the nutmeg; mix well.
- Gradually add to fish mixture, beating with electric or rotary beater.
- Shape into 1-1/2-inch balls.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet, place water (1-1/2- inch depth), 1 teaspoon salt, the bay leaf and lemon; bring to boiling.
- Gently drop fish balls, eight at a time, into boil- ing water; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until firm.
- Remove with slotted spoon to serving dish.
- Keep hot.
- Serve with a savory parsley, tomato, or Hollandaise sauce.Makes 6 servings.