The skin around the eyes is very sensitive and needs special care because it is thin and dry. Not even the fat layer is present in that area, letting the skin at the wrinkle’s disposal. This tender area, which is ten times more thinner than the rest of your skin, is often exposed to an array of problems like puffy eyes, dark circles, wrinkles, loss of eyelashes and fine lines.
The skin around the eyes is much thinner than the skin on the rest of your face, so you must take extra special care of that area. The key to caring for the skin around the eyes is a combination of protection, prevention and cleanliness. Read on to find out how to get rid of baggy eyes and dark circles, secrets of healthy and beautiful eyes and much more.
How To Care for Skin Around The Eyes
- Apply cream around the eyes patting with the fingers so that the liquid trapped in the tissues should get out and circulate.
- Moisturizers such as sodium hyaluronate help reduce fine lines caused by dehydration. Sodium hyaluronate is the most effective humectant available, and has the ability to bind moisture in the amount of one thousand times its molecular weight.
- Mash a tomato well into a paste. Add a pinch of turmeric powder and lemon juice and apply this mixture underneath the eyes. After a period of ten minutes, wash your face with water. Do this regularly to ward off the dark circles.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your eyes well-moisturized and sparkling. Avoid drinking alcohol as it causes redness in the eyes.
- Avoid over indulging in salty foods and alcohol which cause the skin to retain fluids, resulting in a shadowy look under the eyes.
- Apply white eyeliner on the bottom rim of the eyes to brighten tired looking eyes. It’s a known makeup artist’s trick for making anyone look more awake and refreshed.
- Be careful with your skin. Too much washing and rubbing can damage the skin around your eyes. Try not to take long showers or baths, as the hot water sucks the oil right from your skin.
- Don’t get stressed. Long, extended periods of stress can make your skin sensitive to acne and red blotches. It may be hard, but try to relax and not get worked up. Stress will bring on wrinkles around your eyes much faster than you want.
- Moist two cotton pads in ice or cold milk and put them on the eyelids. Replace them with new ones as soon as they get warm. Repeat for 15 minutes. Reduces the bulges and accentuates the white area of the eyeball.
- Take a bowl of ice cold water and dip two cotton wool balls in it. Now, take them out and squeeze out the excess liquid. Next, place the cotton balls on your eyes until they become warm.
Following the tips listed above and choosing a skin care product with the right combination of ingredients will help keep the skin around your eyes looking younger and feeling better!