Hands don’t lie, then don’t lie about your beauty routine or age or general state. If you work hard and don’t sleep well your hands will show it all off when time comes. Dry skin of your hands is not very pleasant to the touch not only for you but also for those who you meet and greet. Besides it’s winter and you need to double-protect your hand skin from drying and cracking.
Hands play an important role in communication. Imagine what life would be like without your hands. It is a part of the body that you use the most, you cook with them, get dressed with them, write with them, empathize with them and shake others hands when you meet them. Take good care of your hands and treat them well as they are essential for your existence.
Useful Hand Care Tips
- Protect your hands from the sun. I can’t stress this enough. The earliest signs of aging tend to appear first on your hands so sunscreen is a must. Always remember to apply sunscreen when going outside and bear in mind the importance of regular re-application while outdoors.
- Moisturize your hands as many times as you can in a day. Dry skin looks wrinkled and can easily be damaged.
- Wear gloves while washing dishes, dealing with chemicals and while gardening.
- Protect the skin on your hands from the sun.
- Use hand lotion with sunscreen every single time you are outside or in the sun through a window for more than a couple minutes (You are not necessarily protected even if you are behind glass: cars are one of the places people get the most day-to-day sun damage). Most skin damage occurs from short daily trips here and there. It all adds up people!
- Try not to use anti-bacterial gel too much because it contains alcohol which dries out your hands. Washing with warm water and soap is JUST as effective and less likely to cause a strain of germs to rise up against us and kill us all. ;D If you use one you can try some of them that are actually lotion with anti-bacterial stuff in them, like essence of Beauty at CVS.
- To strengthen fragile nails warm yourself a cup of milk then soak your hands in the milk for a couple of minutes. The calcium in the milk will really help to strengthen weak nails.
- Once a week exfoliate your hands. You can make your own home-made exfoliator (mix two tablespoons of olive oil with three tablespoons of sugar) or you can choose from the vast range of hand scrubs available on the market.
- Homemade Nourishing Hand Cream: Mix one teaspoon of honey with 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter. Add one tablespoon of strong herbal mixture. This will make a very rich cream, that will take a while to absorb, but will make your hands soft and smooth.
- After washing dishes with detergents wash your hands with sour milk or with a vinegar and water solution (1 tablespoon of vinegar per 2quaters of water). This will restore the pH balance of the skin.
I hope that was somewhat helpful! Have you found a hand lotion with sunscreen that you love? If so, share with us!