The skin becomes worse in the winter season as it starts to crack and also leaves moisture. This is because the skin has more moisture in the upper levels and very little in the lower levels. Therefore it is both dry as it lacks oils and even dehydrated as it lacks water. It is even vulnerable to climatic and weather changes and also produce wrinkles easily if it is not cared for.
Any exposure to harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun or air conditioning would lead to increased loss of moisture. Mostly it becomes worse when you move from the sun directly into an air conditioned room or even while moving out from the air conditioned room to the sun.
Before beginning you skin care regime, consider your skin type, is it oily, normal, combination, dry, sensitive, or sun-damaged. After knowing your skin type, you can use products available in the market meant for your skin. However, healthy skin is something that is from within; eating healthy food and avoiding stress can help you the most in this. The four basic steps of skin and facial care are:
Skin Care Tips For Indian Women:
- Mix oats with honey, yogurt and ground almonds. Apply this in your face, leave it for five minutes and wash with lukewarm water.
- Carrot juice applied daily fades blemishes.
- Apply the mixture of tomato juice and honey on the face and neck , wash it after 15 minutes.
- Apply the mixture of carrot juice and basin. Leave it till it dries and wash the face.
- For oily skin, take a mixture of oatmeal and egg white and apply it on the neck and face.
- For glowing skin, use basin or green gram powder mixed with milk instead of soap.
- Mix curd and cucumber juice and apply it on the face.
- Mix 1 table spoon of barley powder with half teaspoon of lime juice and 1 teaspoon of honey. Apply it on the face and wash after 20 minutes.
- Mix pineapple juice and carrot juice together and apply it on the face and wash it after 15 minutes.
- Add two teaspoon of tomato juice with 4 teaspoon of curd and apply on the face.
- Add a pinch of yeast with 2 teaspoon of cabbage juice and apply.
- Cut the lemon and rub the wedge all over your face. Leave it for about 20 minutes, then rinse off with cold water. This will refresh your face. Avoid doing this if you have dry skin.
- A face mask of egg white and honey gently removes the tan from your face.
- Cucumber is a natural cleanser. Mix cucumber juice with milk and use it instead of a cleanser.
- For oily skin, apply a mixture of grapes, lemon and egg white. Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water. While lemon acts as a natural cleanser, grapes will soften your skin and egg whites will tighten it. Don’t be alarmed if your skin tingles.
- Mix honey, lemon and vegetable oil .This mixture is a good moisturizer for dry skin. Apply this mask for 10 minutes.
- Apply the mixture of honey and milk on the face . This will make your skin glow.
- Prepare a mask by mixing a slice of pumpkin with egg yolk and milk. Let this mask set on your face for 30 minutes for a glowing skin.
- Apply the mixture of honey, basin, cream of milk and olive oil as a face pack.
- Apply the paste of fenugreek with milk on the face and let it dry. Wash off with luke warm water.
- Make a paste of red sandal wood and apply it on the face every day for glowing skin.
- Make a paste with red sandal powder and coconut milk and apply on the face for soft skin.
- Cauliflower juice applied on warts regularly will make them fall.
- For a fair skin, try this natural bleach. Mix orange peels (sun dried and powdered) with milk. Apply this paste for 25 minutes and wash off.
- Thin apple slices rubbed onto oily skin will help in controlling oily shine.
- Make a paste with 1/2 teaspoon of milk powder, 1/4 teaspoon of egg white and 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice and apply on the face.
- For dry skin, Make a paste with egg yolk, olive oil and lemon juice. Apply it on the neck and face, wash it out after 10 minutes.
- Apply the mixture of raw turmeric and cream of milk on the face and wash it after 20 minutes. It will make your skin fair.
- For a soothing body pack, prepare a paste of mint leaves and almonds. Mix it with warm water and apply all over your body. Leave it till it dries and rinse with warm water.
- Mix half teaspoon dried curry leaf powder with multani mitti (fullers earth) and apply on the face. Wash it after it gets dry.