Women from all walks of life are reminded every single day about their physical imperfections. It does seem like six pack abs for women are unattainable unless you’re a supermodel or hot Hollywood actress. But the truth is, even the most average Jane can get hot abs.
The problem is that, for most of us, it’s just not that easy to get a six pack. Some people are born with naturally low body-fat levels and great-looking, maintenance-free abdominal muscles. The rest of us have to work our butts off in order to achieve the same results.
The good news is that just about anyone who’s willing to make the effort can get great abs — often within just a few weeks (depending on your current body-fat levels). In fact, if you’re already working out, chances are that you’ve already got a six pack. It’s just covered with a layer of fat!
There are no secrets on how to lose stomach fat. Here are 3 steps you can take to get that 6 pack abs you want and that works.
- You must motivate yourself to practice the activities in order to achieve the results. Either choose exercises that you enjoy or learn to enjoy the exercises you choose. Celebrate short term victories on your path to six pack abs. Remember, you get immediate benefits as well as long term benefits. You must learn to recognize the benefits you are achieving as a result of your daily plan.
- You must use a journal to record your daily activities toward achieving your goal. A spiral notebook makes a great journal because the pages remain in chronological order. Develop the habit of reviewing the entries in your journal at least once each week. This provides great perspective on your progress.
- Some people choose to gradually change their lifestyles in order to begin their quest for great abs. Others choose to create a massive action plan and make dramatic lifestyle changes immediately. Decide whether you want to change gradually or create a MAP … then stick to your plan. Live each day at a time according to your plan and you will eventually achieve your goal of six pack abs.
- Take 4 or 5 pictures of your abdominal area when you begin this process. Then take pictures again every four weeks. If you are following a reasonable plan, you will notice gradual changes in your body by comparing pictures every four weeks. It is not reasonable to expect to notice changes every day or even every week.
- If you weigh yourself every day, you might be disappointed to see that you are not losing weight. Since you are trying to decrease body fat while building muscle, you may very well gain weight because the muscle tissue you are adding weighs more than the fat you are losing. Plus, the amount of water your body retains varies on a daily basis and will certainly affect your overall weight.
- Try to eat five or six small meals during the day. A typical meal might consist of one serving of carbs and one serving of protein. Each serving should be no larger than the palm of your hand. This will regulate your metabolism. Avoid skipping meals.
- most people discover that utilizing medicine balls or stability balls add excellent variety to their workouts. Use the medicine ball for added weight on your routines and use the stability ball for a variety of crunches.
- If you are focusing on building muscles because you don’t have much fat to lose, there are lots of passive exercises you can do throughout the day. For example, while sitting at a desk, you can continually clench your stomach. Or conversely, you could do this every time you walk through a door. Develop these simple habits and you will be amazed at their effectiveness over time.
There you have it. Now you know how to get a six pack. These tips will help to insure your success as long as you incorporate these tips while you build muscle, lose fat, and watch your diet.