9 Amazing Acne Prone Skin Care Tips
Acne may have started in your teen years, that time when age and hormones meet to cause those awful breakouts. Acne prone skin is so hard to handle. This particular skin condition is sometimes a tricky one to control and certain hormonal factors also contribute to its manifestation.
Find the right solution for your skin. What works for your best friend may actually make your skin much worse. Follow these fantastic skin care tips and you will see improvement in your acne as well.
The Most Effective Tips for Acne Prone Skin
- Wash Your Face Daily: If you have acne prone skin, this is incredibly important. In fact, wash your face twice everyday. You should wash once in the morning before putting on makeup and again at night before getting into bed.
- Choose a cleanser specially formulated for acne. These products often contain salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide, which help to clear acne sores.
- After cleansing the skin, use a light, oil-free moisturizer. If your skin is very oily, you might want to skip this step. If using a moisturizer, ensure that the label reads “non-acnegenic” or “non-comedogenic.
- Apply salycic acid or benzoyl peroxide to the blemishes on your acne prone skin to heal them up quickly. These treatments work by drying out the zit to help speed up the process.
- If you wear makeup, use an oil-free foundation. Heavy makeup or other cosmetic products that block pores may cause a flare-up of acne.
- Water not only keeps your body hydrated but it also keeps your acne prone skin hydrated. It helps flush impurities out of your body, including some of the bacteria that causes pimples. Opt for water instead of sugary sodas and energy drinks through out the day.
- When choosing cosmetics or any other type of face product, test behind the ear for at least one week to see if it is tolerated.
- Do not manipulate pimples with your fingers (squeezing or picking) or touch your face excessively, as they heal better and faster without touching.
- Eat Well: Although the verdict is still out if oily foods actually cause oily skin or acne breakouts, it is always good advice to make wise food choices and follow a balanced diet. The nutrients and vitamins found in fruits and vegetables will make your skin look better regardless of the acne.