Best Home Remedies For Acne Scars: Get Clear Skin Now
Acne, although usually found in youngsters, may occur at any age. Apart from the face, it can also occur on other parts of your body like the neck and back as well. Although there are many prescription medications and creams available to take care of the condition, most people are known to prefer home remedies.
Acne is a skin disorder resulting from the action of hormones on the skins sebaceous glands which leads to plugged pores (blackheads and whiteheads), and outbreaks of cysts or nodules commonly called pimples. They may occur on the face, neck, chest, back, shoulders and even the upper arms. It is the most common and chronic skin disease. The acne affects most of the teenagers. However, the disease is not restricted to any age group; adults in there 20s – even into there 40s – can get acne. Being not a life threatening health condition, acne is still upsetting and disfiguring as sometimes it leads to permanent and serious scarring.
Causes of Acne
All forms of acne have their origin in wrong feeding habits, such as irregular hours of eating, improper food, excess of starches, sugar and fatty foods.
Chronic constipation is another major cause of acne. If the bowels do not move properly, waste matter is not eliminated as quickly as it should be and the bloodstream becomes surcharged with toxic matter. The extra efforts of the skin to eliminate excess waste result in acne and other forms of skin disease.
Home Remedies for Acne
Application of a pack made by boiling 50 gm of raspberry, strawberry or blackberry leaves with 1.5 litres of water for 3 minutes will give itching free and soothing skin. This is a very effective home remedies for acne.
- Mix natural yogurt and fine oatmeal to a thick paste, apply and leave to dry. Wash the face with lukewarm water and pat dry. After wards you can apply any antibiotic lotion depending on the skin type.
- The latest method nowadays used for the treatment of acne skin is the Aloe Vera. Soaps and gels made from Aloe Vera serves a good purpose in healing the acne damaged skin.
- Cook 2-3 tea bags and mix with dried basil for 10-20 minutes. Apply this on the face and acne with a cotton ball.
- The orange peel is valuable in the treatment of acne.
- Make a paste by mixing honey and cinnamon powder. Apply the paste while sleeping and wash the face next morning as this is a good natural remedy for acne.
- Unboiled milk mixed with gram flour has been proved effective for the daily wash of acne skin.
- Mix one tablespoon of groundnut oil with one tablespoon of lime juice for treating pimples and this is one of the best home remedies for acne.
- Apply fresh lime juice mixed with a half glass of boiled milk for treating pimples, blackheads and cracked skin.
- To make good acne remedy take 2 tablespoon of white sugar and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and wet a little and rub face.
- One more good home remedy for acne is to apply ripe tomatoes paste on pimples and wash it after keeping for an hour.
- Saturate lettuce leaves in water, use this water to rinse acne as this is a good natural remedy for acne.
- Apply fresh mint juice every night to cure acne as this is a good home remedy for acne.
- Drink a glass of wheat grass juice daily to remove acne.
- Make a paste of turmeric powder in mint juice, keep it for 30 minutes and then wash with lukewarm water.
Some Other Tips
Apply a paste of fresh fenugreek leaves in water, keep it overnight and wash the face with warm water next morning.
Mix lime juice and rose water in equal portions and apply every night after thoroughly washing the face. Keep it for 30 minutes and then again wash the face and pat dry. This is one of the effective home remedies for Acne
Make a paste of roasted & powdered pomegranate skin with fresh lime juice and apply over the affected parts. This is another effective acne home remedy.
Take Ayurvedic Cure Neem Supplements for Natural Skin Care.
Prevention of Acne – Diet for Acne
Acne is common in teens and twenties, and a serious disorder of the sebaceous glands, requiring proper care and medication. To keep skin conditions under control, observe the following suggestions:
- Reduce the oiliness of the skin.
- Remove the blackheads regularly.
- Have a well-balanced, regular diet with lots of fresh fruit juices.
- Try to avoid chocolates, nuts, fried and fatty foods.
- Diet for Acne – Vitamin C and vitamin E are antioxidants that rejuvenate the skin, so the diet rich in these vitamins should be included.
- Vitamin E is also important to prevent scarring from acne and removing old scars.
The mineral zinc is also beneficial in the treatment of acne. It should be taken in a dose of 50 mg three times a day. The dose can be reduced with the improvement in the acne.