Acne Vulgaris Useful Home Remedies
Acne Vulgaris or simply acne is an indication of change in the hormonal balance leading to clogging of the skin pores and finally inflammation at the surface end of the sebaceous glands. Acne Vulgaris is known to commonly affect more than 70 percent adolescents in various forms but the most commonly visible form is blackhead and whiteheads. Other forms include pimple outbreaks, infected abscesses and cysts Excessive oiliness of the skin or seborrhea is a prime cause that leads to acne. Facial acne is more common among teens than any other form of acne.
You may have a mild form of acne with just a few red spots, or pimples. By severe acne we mean hundreds of pimples covering the face, neck, chest, and back. Severe acne may be bigger, solid and red lumps which are very painful. Many young persons may have at least mild acne which usually gets better after the teen years. Acne can exist in many adult women before their menstrual periods. Your feeling about acne may not necessarily depend upon how bad it can be. Some people are least bothered about severe acne they have while others feel embarrassed and upset even as they may have only a few pimples. However, there are many good treatments that can bring acne under control.
What Causes of Acne Vulgaris?
The cause of Acne Vulgaris are attributed to the genetic pattern of a person. One important factor does seem to be rising levels of the hormones called androgen (male sex hormones) that are found in both boys and girls at the time of puberty. It is hereditary in nature and runs through families. Some other major causes for this acne disorder are:
- It occurs when the pores of the skin become plugged
- Cosmetic agents
- Genetic or hereditary
- Some medicines like steroids, testosterone , estrogen, lithium can also trigger it.
- High levels of humidity and sweating
- It may trigger due to the eating of chocolate or greasy foods.
- It occurs due the hormonal changes occur in puberty when the skin becomes more oily.
Acne Vulgaris Medications:
- Antibiotics such as minocycline, minocycline, trimethoprim, trimethoprim, erythromycin, azelaic acid, etc is very useful.
- Septicide cleanser for dry skin. It is effective bacterial control against P. acnes and other undesirable bacteria like Salmonella, E. coli, Staphylococcus, etc.
- Antibacterial cleanser such as Glycolic cleanser for excessively oily skin. It help to follicles clear of cellular debris and has minor antibacterial properties.
- Oral antibiotics taken by mouth such as doxycycline, minocycline and tetracycline.
Acne Vulgaris Treatment:
Treatment largely depends upon the severity of the disorder. Sometimes your doctors will prescribe combination of treatments to achieve the best results and check the development of drug-resistant bacteria.
The treatment may include application of lotions or gel on blemishes or sometimes-entire areas of the skin like chest or back). You may also be advised to take oral medications.
Before you seek any treatment, you will need to keep your skin clean. Don’t use skin products, which may harm your skin by clogging your pores. Rather look for the products with label mentioning “noncomedogenic”.
Acne Vulgaris Home Remedies:
- Use water-based skin care products that gently clean your skin. Avoid products such as milky cleansers, cold creams, lipsticks, and lip glosses that contain oils.
- Apply fresh lime juice mixed to a glass of boiled milk as a face wash for acne, pimples, blackheads, and cracked skin. A very beneficial home remedy in pimples.
- Alpha-hydroxyl acid, which dries up blemishes and causes the top skin layer to peel. You’ll find alpha-hydroxyl acid in moisturizers, cleansers, eye creams, and sunscreens.
- Apply ripe tomatoes pulp on pimples and keeping it up to 1 hour and then wash. A very beneficial home remedy in pimples.
- Tea tree oil, which kills bacteria. You’ll find tea tree oil in gels, creams, and oils.
- Mix equal amount of lemon juice and groundnut oil to form a paste. Apply on face and leave for 15 minutes and then wash off with water. A very beneficial home remedy in pimples.
- Marigold petals crushed with a little Castor oil can bring the pimples off quickly. A very beneficial home remedy in pimples.
- To suppress pimples sandalwood paste with holy basil leaves helps also. A very beneficial home remedy in pimples.