Dry Hair Care with Home Remedies: Hairs Treatment with Nature
Tired of dull, dry and let’s face it, boring hair? Well, hair becomes dull and dry for a wide variety of reasons, over styling with blow, dryers or hot irons, too much chemical processing, dry winter weather, and exposure to sun, salt water, or chlorine. It’s all about how we treat (or over treat) our hair that makes it drier than the Sahara. How can we make dull, parched hair say aah? Rescue and revitalize your dry hair with these simple tips and home remedies.
Dry Hair Home Remedies
- Add two tablespoons of gram flour to a cup of coconut milk. Apply it on your scalp and hair, massaging gently. Leave for about five minutes and rinse.
- Massage hair with natural essential oils such as olive oil, safflower oil, coconut oil, castor oil or lavender oil, as they beneficial for hair and scalp. Massage your scalp with any or combination of these oils, which will help to moisture your hair as well as improve blood circulation.
- Honey acts as an intensive moisturizer for hair. Mix a teaspoon of honey with 4 cups of warm water and work through hair, after shampooing. Do not rinse and dry as usual, for extra shiny, sweet-smelling, soft hair.
- Separate egg white and whip it thoroughly. Now, add 1 tbsp of water to egg yolk and whip, till it turns to be a creamy mixture. Mix both egg white and yolk together. Wet your hair with warm water and remove excessive moisture from hair. Using your fingertips, apply the egg mixture on your scalp. Gently massage until froth is formed. After this, rinse your hair thoroughly with cold water.
- Mayonnaise is also quite effective in managing dry hair. Take around ½ cup of mayonnaise and put it on heat until it becomes oily. Apply this oily mayonnaise to your unwashed hair and then cover them with the help of a plastic bag or swimmer’s cap. Leave it for about 15 minutes and then wash it off with shampoo.
- Beer adds a healthy sheen to dull and dry hair. Before styling or blow-drying, simply spray beer on your hair with the help of pump bottle. This will make your hair manageable with a healthy shine. Don’t worry about the odor, as it goes away quickly.
- Apple-cider vinegar can also be used to treat dry, dull hair. Douse hair in apple-cider while in the shower and rinse with cool water. After this, apply a deep – conditioning treatment.
- Baking soda also works well on dry dull hair. Mix ¼ cup water with 1 tablespoon of baking soda to make a thin paste. Smooth the mixture onto wet hair and use a wide-toothed comb to spread it all over. Rinse with cool water and shampoo as usual. Or you can just add 1 tablespoon of baking soda to your normal shampoo treatment, lather onto hair and wash as usual.
- Coconut and avocado is also an effective treatment for dry hair. Mix 1 tablespoon coconut oil with 1 mashed avocado. Place coconut oil in the microwave for 10 seconds and then massage your hair from roots to ends. Take the mashed avocado and apply it to hair ends only. After 10 -15 minutes, rinse with cool water and shampoo as usual.