The 10 Fun Ways To Announce Your Pregnancy
Announcing your pregnancy is one of the most exciting times of your entire life. Whether you just found out you’re pregnant or you’ve known for a few months, announcing your pregnancy to family and friends can be a lot of fun. Announcing your pregnancy to the world can be both a wonderful and scary experience. Some people are ready to announce the pregnancy the second they see the positive sign on the pregnancy test.
I felt the same way when I found out I was pregnant and I wanted to share the news about our future bundle of joy in a fun and creative way. Here are some great fun ways to announce your pregnancy. I hope they inspire you to come up with even more ways to surprise your friends and family and let them know about your bundle on its way!
The Creative Fun Ways to Announce Your Pregnancy
Here are 10 fun ways to tell your friends or family that you are expecting. Some of these ideas are quite subtle… just wait and see who picks up on them first.
- Bake cupcakes, then ice half with blue frosting and the other with pink. Add a plus sign on top of each. Take them to the office to share the good news.
- If you have an ultrasound picture already, include it with a card or wrap it up with a present. This can be a great way to do it if there is a holiday or birthday around the time you want to make your announcement.
- Go out to dinner and arrange for the hostess to bring a high chair to your table and play along. When she brings the high chair, say something like “Oh, we won’t need this for another xyz months”.
- Buy a ceramic piggy bank and label it “College Fund.” Put it wherever you pay your bills. Wait for your partner to find it and say you have to get cracking because you’ve only got 18 years to save for your child’s education.
- If it just so happens to be around Mother’s Day or Father’s Day and this is your first child, you could buy them a card or gift from the baby. If you already have a child, you can add “baby” when signing the card.
- Won’t you partner be surprised when he opens the back door of the car and finds a car seat strapped in place. You could even put a card in the seat that says something to the tune of ‘Congrats, Daddy-to-be’.
- If your husband needs a drink, offer to get it for him and bring him in a baby bottle filled with milk. When he questions it, say “Oops, sorry! This is for our baby!”
- Buy a three-paned photo frame, and put baby pictures of you and your husband on either end. Put a photo of your positive pregnancy test in the middle frame or, if you have some photo editing skills, use photo software “morph” your faces together to show what your child may look like.
- Choose a creative way to share your news. If you don’t want to just come right out and tell people that you are pregnant, use a special way to tell those you love. You could create a beautiful memory.
- Write the announcement on the bathroom mirror. After your significant other takes a shower, he will come out and see the words in the foggy mirror.
No matter how you end up deciding to make this big announcement, make sure you plan it so that you are there to witness some of these surprises. Can you think of anything else to add to this list of 10 fun ways to announce your pregnancy?