How To Take Care in Winter During Pregnancy
When you are pregnant, you can be sure that your body goes through immense amount of changes. While preparing for your physiological changes, it is important to consider the climatic changes as well. Winters can also pose in some discomfort during pregnancy and you may find it hard to cope with the seasonal changes. Winter can provide a cooling effect on their body and mind. Pregnancy in winter can also be a headache with infections such as cold and flu. There are also chances that you will have dry itchy skin.
When the weather outside is frightful, there are a number of steps pregnant women can take from vaccination and exercise precautions to environmental and car safety to ensure a safe and healthy winter season. Here are some important facts to stay comfortable in winter during pregnancy. With the right kind of winter care during pregnancy, you can be sure to have a safe pregnancy and delivery.
How To Care Pregnancy in Winter – Useful Tips
- One of the winter care tips during pregnancy is to plug in a humidifier in your home. This will help, because the dry winter air can cause a lot of dryness in your nostrils and can lead to nosebleeds. This can also help with respiratory problems such as asthma. This will help to balance the temperature of your body.
- Pregnant women easily get sick because your immune system is decreased in pregnancy. This means that you can easily get sick. You need to try and avoid others that have active colds and illness. To help stop the spreading of bacteria and illness good hand washing can reduce you change of becoming infected with a potentially harmful illness.
- You should consume various fruits for staying healthy and hydrated in winter. Take saffron for increasing your immunity level. Strong immune system protects you from serious disease and infections. You should eat sweets prepared from sesame seeds and jaggery. This is an important source of calcium and also keeps your body warm in winters. Jaggery is a healthy product as compared to sugar. You can also use it as a substitute for sugar.
- Probably the most highly recommended form of exercise for pregnant women is walking, but when the weather’s not great, you might find yourself glued to the couch instead of on your feet. But remember: Physical activity can help with pregnancy aches and pains, and it’s good for baby too. Don’t neglect it.
- No matter what the climate is, your body demands a lot of water during pregnancy. It is always better to keep yourself hydrated. You will need to take steps to remember drinking water for a pregnancy in winter. This will also help with the dry skin, supply ample amniotic fluid and reduces the risk of headaches and preterm labor.
- The weather conditions can make walking outside a challenge, especially if there is snow or ice. Wearing proper footwear is essential for safety and comfort. When you are pregnant your body undergoes changes. One of these changes is in your balance which means that you have the potential to fall and walking on snow and ice can increase the chance of falling.
- Comfortable Dressing during Pregnancy: Woolen clothes can be an itchy experience for you. You should wear soft woolens during winters. Wear loose clothes that must not be tight from the waist.
- This is something that you will need when you have a pregnancy in winter. The dryness in the atmosphere can cause your skin to become itchy and dry. You should use moisturizers that are unscented and hypoallergenic. The best option will be something that you would use for your baby. This is because at this time you will also have very sensitive skin.