8 Most Useful Ways To Check Pregnancy At Home
A woman has skipped her period and is now two weeks overdue; the couple was physically intimate only three times since the last period and that too far from the days of her ovulation. The moment you realize you are going to become a mother is a milestone in your life, and in every woman’s life out there. Known as the pregnancy hormone, hCG is only found in pregnant women.
Although, there are women, who might like to get the good news confirmed through the more professional doctors, there are the curious sorts, who try every possible home test, to prove that they are pregnant indeed! So if you are one of those ladies who wish to confirm your pregnancy at home itself, here are some excellent remedies that can help you out.
The Best Tips To Check The Pregnancy At Home
- The Toothpaste Test: Another way to find out if you are pregnant or not would be to add a few drops of your urine (the first sample in the morning) to white toothpaste. If after some time, the toothpaste becomes frothy or changes blue in color, chances are you may be pregnant. If there is no change, well, better luck next time!
- Sugar: Try this test using your morning urine, as it is more concentrated. In a bowl, add 2 or 3 tablespoons of sugar and urinate on the sugar. If the sugar starts dissolving, then the result is negative. However, formation of clumps indicates a positive result.
- Bleach: To test for pregnancy using bleach, pour it into a cup with fresh urine. If the solution turns fizzy, frothy, or starts bubbling, it indicates pregnancy. If the solution does nothing, you are not pregnant.
- The Dandelion Leaf Test: Dandelion leaves usually react to the changed hormone levels in the urine (in case you are pregnant). Grab a few fresh dandelion leaves and spread them on a sheet of paper. Make sure you keep them away from the sunlight as this could interfere with the results. Urinate over the leaves the first thing in the morning. Alternatively, you can collect your urine in a bowl and soak the dandelion leaves in it. If you are pregnant, the leaves would start changing color and develop reddish blisters in less than 10 minutes. So if you see this happening, you can be rest assured that you are pregnant.
- Pine Sol: Pine Sol is known as a cleansing and a lubricating agent. It serves as a good indicator for testing pregnancy as well. Mixing urine sample with Pine sol is believed to change color, in order to prove pregnancy. Be it any color, but it should change, to indicate that one is pregnant. This test is a good way of knowing or confirming about the good news. This too should be taken in half a cup proportion, for the pregnancy test.
- Vinegar: One simple way to make a homemade pregnancy test is to buy a bottle of vinegar. By pouring your urine into a small cup of vinegar, you are supposed to be able to predict pregnancy. If you are pregnant, the color of the urine and vinegar combination will change.
- Red Cabbage Test: This is more of a gender determination test. Chop half a red cabbage and put it in a pan of hot water. Put it on the stove and let it boil for 10 minutes and then let it cool down. Strain the water in a jar or cup. In another jar or cup, collect a urine sample. Make sure you have equal portions of both. Pour the cabbage water into the jar with the urine sample. If the color remains same, i.e. purple, chances of having a girl are higher, and if it changes to a pink-red color, you are going to have a boy.
- Soap Test: Reacting urine with any soap is another way of testing whether you are pregnant or not. If the soap froths or bubbles up, then it might be indicating your pregnancy, but if not then better luck next time.
Even though these homemade tests would help you confirm a pregnancy, they may provide incorrect results at times. Do share your first experiences of pregnancy with us in the comment section below.