The Perfect Tips for Silky Smooth Skin
We’re all born with super soft skin, but, unfortunately, as we age, our skin loses its soft, silky smooth feel. Suitable for all skin types, it has the ability to stimulate skin to produce collagen by removing surface abnormalities and allowing better penetration of prescribed skin treatments.
However, if your rough skin is caused by a skin disorder or infection, you need to seek the care of a doctor or dermatologist. If not you are probably searching tips for smooth skin. Luckily I got you covered with these tips for smooth skin.
The Best Tips for Silky Smooth Skin
- Cleanse the skin with a mild or superfatted soap free of harsh detergents, perfumes and lye. Superfatted basically means that moisturizers are added into the soap during the manufacturing process. Steer clear of soaps like Zest that contain detergents that can strip oils from the skin.
- Once your skin is thoroughly cleansed, it’s time to work on shedding dead cells through exfoliants such as exfoliating face washes or scrubs. Take care not to rub too hard, as this can tear skin and cause irritations. Don’t exfoliate more than twice a week, and never on consecutive days.
- You are going to need a good body scrub. Look for something that meets your skin type. Dry skin needs different treatment than oily or normal skin. You can also add some sugar to your regular body wash to transform it to a body scrub.
- Use bath oils: Bath oils are great for moisturizing the skin. Mineral oil is also effective. If showering, use a shower gel that contains moisturizers.
- Use a hot wax spa: Feet or hands will be super smooth after a paraffin bath treatment. You’ll be amazed at the results after just one application!
- Eat well. Keeping a balanced diet improves your skin. Consume many fruits, vegetables, and foods with protein and healthy fats such as beans and nuts. Try not to eat out unless it’s a special occasion.
- Use Sunscreen: The sun can dry out skin. Even if you are going to spend the day outside soaking up the rays, it’s still a good idea to wear sunscreen. Protecting your skin from the sun will keep it looking and feeling silky smooth.
- Apply papaya paste: Papaya removes dead, flaky skin. Smooth the pulp over your face. Leave for 2 to 3 minutes, then wipe off. Rinse with cool water. Afterwards, apply a moisturizer.
The skin is the body’s largest organ and it’s important to take care of it, inside and out. Luckily these skin care home remedies can all be done easily. Do you have any tips for smooth skin that you’d like to add to the list? Please share with us.