Oily Hair Care Tips For Your Greasy Hairs
Oily hair can go from healthy and wonderful to lank and greasy in a matter of hours. The challenges of oily hair not only lie in the proper hair care tips but in your diet, as well. To keep oily hair under control, careful attention needs to be paid to your daily hair routine and your daily diet choices.
Oily hair is created by an excessive build up of oil in the hair. This oil, or serum, is a naturally occurring body byproduct that can help those with normal hair maintain less tangles and smoother styles. But, for those with oily hair, the build up leaves the hair looking dirty and unkept.
Oily or greasy hair is unfortunately something that most of us have experienced, either occasionally or everyday, and can be caused by hair product overload or the simple fact that your hair type is prone to oily strands. So to help you get your lanky locks sorted, we’ve put together our best hair care tips for oily hair.
Oily Hair Care Tips:
- Wash it as often as necessary to keep it clean and in good shape.
- Use a gentle shampoo. Leave shampoo on the scalp for five minutes!
- Best shampoos for oily hair contain a detergent, such as ammonium or sodium lauryl sulfate. (These detergents are quite drying to hair.)
- Try shampooing every second day.
- Rinse on the off day. Rinse with cool water to close the pores of the scalp.
- Between washes use hair fresheners to avoid bad smelling.
- Try to avoid conditioner at the roots and scalp, apply in the middle or on the ends. Apply it gently with your fingertips.
- Towel dry before you blow drying to remove most of the dampness.
- Direct the blow-dryer to the hair strands and roots.
- Try to avoid oil in your daily food intake. Eat more vegetables.
- Avoid using styling products containing silicone. Do not use two-in-one shampoos and conditioners.
- Avoid brushing your hair too often or too vigorously, since brushing can help spreading oil from your roots to the ends of your hair.
- Have the hair colored or permanently waved. Color treated hair has enlarged strands and this can help reduce the oil from spreading through your hair.
- Avoid frequently touching your hair.
- Try highlighting your hair. This dries hair out slightly.
- In case you cannot wash your hair, apply a lot of powder to your oily hair in front on the scalp, and wipe it off with a dry towel. The powder will absorb the oil.
- Get a haircut that is easy to manage.
- Excessive oiliness is caused by hormones that trigger sebum production. To prevent excessive sebum production you should visit your doctor.
Shampoo that contains tea tree oil can work well for alleviating dry scalp, if dry scalp is the primary cause of the oily hair. While diet has little affect on hair itself, eating a healthy diet and drinking plenty of fluids can help with dry skin and scalp too, and since dry scalp causes oil product that can lead to oily hair, diet can affect how much oil your scalp produces. Drinking water is not only good for your oily hair and dry scalp, but it’s also great for your skin health too.