Laser Hair Removal Tips For Silky Skin
Women, and, perhaps some men too, are leading battles against their troublesome, unwanted bodily hair throughout their lives. This hair tends to be quite persistent, and refuses to stop growing even when all of the hair from our scalp has fallen off. Thus, it is a long lasting, hard battle, fought with many different weapons. Some people shave their body hair, others pluck it out, apply wax, bleach it or undergo professional cosmetic treatments for these purposes.
With the modern methods becoming the hype of the day, laser hair removal treatments remove your hair so efficiently that it imparts you with a fresh skin and soft look. The main advantage of laser hair removal is it removes and destroys your hair permanently and gives you a wonderful feel. Laser hair removal functions by sending a beam of laser light to the hair follicles with enough power to destroy the roots but never destroys the surrounding area.
In our beauty information you will get tips and advice on how to best use each hair removal technique to get the best results. We explain the most basic shaving tips to more exotic laser hair removal treatments that can come at quite an expense.
Laser Hair Removal Tips:
- One of the foremost tips that you should look out for, before going in for the laser hair removal method, would be to check with a reliable source, about the efficiency of the clinic, doctors as well as the treatment.
- Inquire about the kind of laser treatment that would suit you, the kind of radiation to be used and the type of pain relievers that are available with the doctor in the clinic.
- Look for the terms and conditions in the surgery paper and inquire about the price for each of the processes. Make sure that you are aware of how the treatments would be applied, before signing the paper. There might be hidden costs that could alter the entire cost.
- At the time of treatment, ask your doctor for a skin test, on a smaller section of the targeted area. This would give you an opportunity to know whether the treatment would cause any kind of after-effects later on.
- In case you are suffering from any kind of skin disease or disorder, avoid taking the treatment. Laser hair removal treatment should also be prevented if you have recently got your skin tanned.
- Avoid indulging in any temporary hair removal techniques at least one month prior to going for the laser treatment.
- It is strictly prohibited to apply lotions, creams, makeup, perfumes or body sprays right before the treatment. Not only would they reduce the effectiveness of the treatment, but can be counter-reactive as well. In case you want to apply comforting creams before the hair removal procedure, check with the doctor.
- If you are under any kind of medication, please consult the doctor, before undergoing laser hair removal.
- At the time of treatment, take appropriate care of the sensitive areas of the body. Eyes, especially, are the most sensitive part of the body. Wearing laser proof glares would be an effective way to protect them from strong radiations.
- Once the laser therapy gets over, follow the post-treatment instructions carefully, to get best results.
- In case you are suffering from pain, swelling, redness, blisters, scarring or skin discoloration post the treatment, visit the doctor immediately.
- Tanning is best avoided for two to three months after undergoing the laser hair removal treatment. Do not forget to apply the prescribed sunscreen formula, prior to sun exposure.