Modern Kitchen Decorating Ideas
Sometimes referred to as the heart of the home, the kitchen is a place to prepare and cook food and, depending on the size, can be used to eat and entertain guests. In Ancient Greek homes, this room was a central open air patio but it was not until around 1800 that the stove, which enclosed fire completely, made cooking indoors possible. As technology advances, so do kitchens’ design and efficiency. The introduction of the kitchen island has lent more flexibility to the positioning of the kitchen cabinets and kitchen sink, and helped make open plan kitchens and dining rooms a reality.
This colorful kitchen interior design with a touch of modern accessories might give you a slight idea on how your kitchen design wanted to be. You could starts to create your own colorful kitchen interior by applying some bright color to your modern kitchen back splash wallpaper, kitchen flooring, kitchen lighting to colorful kitchen cabinet designs and accessories. Anyway, speaking straight from the shoulder I would like to have one of this modern kitchen design which looks quite fancy. How bout you?
There are some fairly simple upgrades you can do to make your kitchen home improvement project not only simple and fun, but will make it a more modern and comfortable space in which to cook.
Ideas For Your Modern Kitchen Design:
- Glass cabinet doors or open cabinetry while it may not be practical to expand or add windows, you can still use glass to enhance the space by using clear or opaque glass panes in your cabinetry.
- Just remember that if you have clutter or unsightly items inside, you’ll be showing it all off! So, choose carefully which cabinets this idea makes sense for, keeping items there which you want to display.
- Lighting: lighting design makes all the difference, especially in the kitchen. If your kitchen has a single light fixture in the center of your ceiling, add task lighting and accent lighting to transform your modern kitchen design.
- An easy lighting option is adding a little under-cabinet lighting in your kitchen. Above-cabinet lighting is another good option if your cabinets allow space. Inexpensive rope lights are perfect for this application.
- Recessed lighting fixtures are a good option for both ambient and accent light sources. Install adequate task lighting over work stations like the range and your kitchen sink. Pendant lamps, modern-style chandeliers or track lighting make good options as well.
- Bright, warm colors and tones to make your kitchen seem larger, try using white, off white, yellow or another light color instead of darker wall paint colors on the walls! Lighter colors will reflect light more readily.
- White, off white or stainless steel appliances are also hallmarks of the modern kitchen decor. Add color with your accessories try using bright dish towels, floor and sink mats, area rugs and accent pieces like vases, bowls, etc.
- Hang bright wall art of an Italian cafe or your favorite dishes. Modern kitchen decor should be sparse compared to more traditional styles, but you can still have fun. A major concept in modern decor is that using less color on the walls will emphasize decorative elements more dramatically.