Delicious Black Chocolate Cake Recipe
Chocolate has, it is believed, an aphrodisiac effect. More so, it has an ability to cheer up the most sullen person. So what are you waiting for? The yummiest chocolate cake recipes await you. Scroll down!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan. Sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- Melt the shortening in the boiling water, then stir into the flour mixture until blended. Beat in the eggs, then stir in the vanilla.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.