Healthy Cod Fish Hash Recipe
This recipe calls for salted cod and is prepared with red, green and yellow bell peppers. The Marsala and garlic flavor the dish perfectly.
- 4 medium-size all-purpose potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 pound cod or haddock fillets, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dried dillweed
- Place the potatoes in a 3-quart saucepan, add water to cover, and boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender but not too soft. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the half-and-half and butter in a heavy 9- or 10-inch skillet over moderate heat until the butter melts. Add the cod fillets, and cook, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes, or just until the cod turns opaque—do not allow the mixture to boil.
- Add the potatoes, salt, and pepper, and continue to cook, stirring, 3 to 4 minutes longer, until heated through; the mixture should not brown. Sprinkle with the dill.