Delicious Chicken ALa King Recipe
An old classic, this Chicken ala King Recipe is so delicous. It’s a childhood favourite for many people and almost everyone has some happy memory of Chicken a la King the way their mom made it.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 4 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped drained pimiento (2 ounce jar)
Melt butter or margarine in a medium saucepan. Cook onion and mushrooms over medium low heat until onion is tender. Add flour and salt, stirring until mixture is smooth. Gradually stir in milk and Worcestershire sauce. Continue cooking and stirring for about 3 minutes or until mixture is thick and begins to bubble; stir in chicken and drained chopped pimiento. Heat through and serve over hot cooked rice, pastry shells, or toast.