Easy To Cook: Chicken Fettucine Alfredo Recipe
This Chicken fettucine alfredo recipes is easy to make, elegant to serve, and delicious to eat. Many people love fettucine alfredo and with the addition of chicken you’ve got a wonderful comfort food that can stand on it’s own as a main dish. Chicken fettucine alfredo could be served with a nice green salad and some French, Italian, or garlic bread, for a well rounded dinner, or by itself for a fancy lunch.
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into cubes
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound fettuccini pasta
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet over medium heat combine chicken, 2 tablespoons butter, garlic and Italian seasoning. Cook until chicken is no longer pink inside. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt 4 tablespoons butter in the skillet. Saute onion, 2 tablespoons garlic and mushrooms until onions are transparent. Stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes. Slowly add milk and half-and-half, stirring until smooth and creamy. Stir in Parmesan and Colby-Monterey Jack cheeses; stir until cheese is melted. Stir in chicken mixture, tomatoes and sour cream. Serve over cooked fettuccini.