20 Effective Natural Home Remedies for Oily Skin Care
Oily skin has a way of making your look shiny and greasy, no matter how many times a day you wash your face. The problem could be with cosmetics and products that clog your pores and exacerbate your condition instead of producing the desired drier skin. You key to alleviating oily skin may be to use home remedies and natural products that sop up oil for a cleaner-looking face.
Home Remedies for Oily Skin
- You can manage oily skin by eating a healthy balanced diet, but you must also treat your skin right on the outside by cleansing it and moisturizing it properly every day.
- Take half cup of mashed apple and add half cup oatmeal to it. Now add few drops of lemon juice and one egg white (beaten) to it. Mix well to make a thick paste. Now apply this paste on your skin for 15-20 minutes. Wash with cool water after that. It is an efficient home remedy for oily skin.
- Mix up a mud mask using equal amounts of raw honey and green clay powder. Apply evenly to your face, carefully avoiding the tender eye area, and let it dry for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water and pat dry. This can be applied two or three times weekly.
- Mix together plain oatmeal and lemon juice; add a bit of olive oil so it can be spread over the skin evenly. Heat up the mixture just until it’s warm to the touch and apply it to the face. Let it sit for a few minutes and then rinse completely clean with warm water.
- Apply a mixture of half a teaspoon of limejuice and cucumber juice atleast 30 minutes before bath.
- Mix together a one-to-one ratio of rose water and sandal wood powder. Smooth over your skin, let it dry for 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
- Add half teaspoon of baking soda to your liquid soap or body wash. Gently massage the oily areas of skin. Wash with cool water after that. Regular use of this will help you in getting rid of extra oil on your skin.
- An egg yolk mask helps in drying out the skin. Take the egg yolk and apply on the oily part of skin with a cotton ball. Let it dry for 15 minutes. Wash with cool water after that. Regular use of this will balance the oily spots on your skin.
- Take some honey, lemon juice and an egg. Separate egg white from egg and mix it in lemon juice and honey and make a paste. Add some basin in the paste and apply this honey mask on face and leave it for 20 minutes on your face and wash it off.
- Mud/clay mask is best suited for oily skin types. One teaspoon of clay powder (green) and a teaspoon of raw honey should be blended well, and the mixture can be applied on the face and left for fifteen minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water. This is safe enough to be repeated at least thrice a week.
- It is a simple and well known home remedy for oily skin. Add a teaspoon of salt in a bottle of water. Sprinkle this water on your face several times a day. You will notice the changes in your skin after a week. It is an efficient way to get rid of extra oil on your skin.
- Take a raw papaya and make pulp of it. Apply on face and wash it off after 20 minutes. It will soften all dead skin cells and control oil.
- Take 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Mix same quantity of water to it. Apply this solution on your face with a cotton ball. Wash with lukewarm water for better and quick results.
- In case the skin is too oily, adding a few drops of eau de cologne will help in refining the skin pores, thereby acting as astringent and preventing pimples.
- Vinegar is very helpful in treating oily skin. Apply vinegar on the oily skin with a cotton ball. If your skin is sensitive then add 4teaspoons of water to 1 teaspoon vinegar. You can also freeze vinegar and use it as a cooling pad. One of the simple home remedies for oily skin.
- Aloe vera gel work like wonders in reducing oily spots on the skin. Take a leaf and slice it to get the gel. Apply this gel 2-3 times daily. It is a simple home remedy for curing oily skin. You can also keep the gel in refrigerator 30 minutes before applying. It will give you a smooth as well as refreshing effect.
- Make paste of fresh tomatoes and apply this paste on oily areas of your face and leave this paste on your face for half an hour and wash it off.
- Cornstarch helps in drying oily patches on skin. Take a cup of lukewarm water and add 2 tablespoons of cornstarch to it. Mix well to make a fine paste. You can now rub this paste on your face in upward circular motion for 10-15 minutes. Now allow it to dry completely. Wash with lukewarm water after that. Regular use of this helps in removing extra oil from your skin. One of the useful home remedies for oily skin.
- Take some yogurt and fuller’s earth. Mix these things in normal quantities and apply on face. This will help you to control oil on your skin.
- Wash your face with cold water minimum 5 times a day and drink plenty of water to control this problem. Drink 8-10 glasses of water in a day.