Top 7 Best Foods to Get Rid of Acne
Just about everyone has had bouts with acne and has tried products to help clear the skin. It is important to pay attention to what we eat to keep our skin clean and not too oily. Acne usually occurs when we are teenagers and ends when we get older. Acne is an infection of a gland in the skin that releases sebum, which is a lipid that waterproofs the skin and helps inhibit the growth of microorganisms.
One of the most effective natural way to eliminate acne is the acne diet. In addition, they take a good care of your skin sparing your purse. Some of these foods are to eat, and some of them are applied right to your skin. I tried them all, and here are the ones I’ve found that work the best:
The Best Foods to Get Rid of Acne
- Oysters: Oysters contain high amounts of zinc that contributes significantly to stop acne breakouts. Researches conducted by University of Maryland Medical Center reveal the effectiveness of zinc in combating this problem. This essential mineral regulates the production of sebum and reduces acne breakouts.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil contains monosaturated fats, essential fatty acids that nourish the skin. The Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research points out that the omega-3 fatty acids found in food sources such as olive oil, sesame oil, flaxseed and fish oil have anti-inflammatory properties that can help improve irritated skin, including acne break outs.
- Drink Green Tea: Green teas may come with an inhibitory impact on the actual manufacturing associated with androgens. Should you didn’t understand however, acne breakouts may end up being triggered within puberty through the improve release associated with man the body’s hormones or even androgens.
- Whole Grains: Foods with whole grains, like cereals, breads, and pastas, are a good source of selenium, another chemical that’s helpful is clearing up and preventing acne.
- Milk: Cow’s milk is a great source of both vitamin A and vitamin D, both of which are good for healthy skin. For women, it’s also a great source of calcium, which we need a lot of anyway.
- Almonds: You may not be aware about the effectiveness of almonds in stopping acne breakouts. Almonds contain appreciable amounts of zinc, Vitamin E and omega-3-fatty acids that are extremely beneficial in preventing acne breakouts. Add 2-3 crushed almonds in a glass of milk or in oat meal porridge for your breakfast.
- Vegetable: Any fresh vegetable would do but focus on those with a decent amount of vitamin B6 and A. Green peas, Collard greens, Carrots, Potato with skin, Broccoli, Kale and Spinach are all very good vegetables that will help to eliminate your acne problems.
It is generally recommended to avoid a diet rich in meat, unless it is organic. However, even some organic meat can contain excess hormones that result in an imbalance, leading to clogged pores that cause acne.