Easy and Quick Belly Fat Loss Tips and Daily Exercise
One of the biggest questions I get is “how do I lose my belly fat? I’ve tried several things but nothing worked”. When I ask what you tried I hear 100 daily sit-ups, cutting calories drastically, excess cardio, fat burners, etc.
Belly fat is stored energy. To get rid of the layer of fat you need to burn more energy (calories) than you eat. Hundreds of sit-ups or crunches don’t burn enough calories to make much of a difference to the appearance of your waist and stomach.
Tips to Help Flatten Stomach by Toning the Belly Muscles
- Use smooth controlled movements
- You shouldn’t be feeling a pull in the legs or hip joints when doing sit ups
- Don’t arch the back it may strain the lower back area
- Don’t get too much out of breath within the first few weeks
- Try to comfortably increase the number of repetitions each workout
- Sit ups can’t really flatten stomach muscles very well
- Crunches are one of the best for flattening stomach
- Muscles adapt to repeated exercise so try performing different stomach exercises – under guidance of a gym instructor.
- Try varying the speed at which the exercise is performed – be careful when at fast pace.
- Always warm the stomach up thoroughly before exercising to flatten the belly
- Exercise the side of the stomach as well as the front abs
- Always perform stomach exercises under the guidance of a qualified gym instructor, especially for the first few workouts
Exercise Tips to Lose Belly Fat
When trying to lose belly fat the important thing to remember is to include whole body exercises and to rotate your workouts in order to continually provide a challenge for your body. Otherwise your body becomes acclimated and does not receive as much benefit as if you vary your workouts. So for example if you always jog 30 minutes every day, that will be less effective than if you do different types of workouts every few days. Here are the exercise tips for losing tummy fat:
Do 30 minutes of aerobic exercise daily:
Brisk walking or jogging are great low cost exercises to do, but anything that you enjoy and that gets your heart rate up is fine. Shoot for at least 3-5 times per week at a minimum.
Do whole body workouts 2-3 times per week:
Such as yoga (strenuous) or Pilates or a weight-lifting program. These types of exercises will build muscle, increase metabolism, and make losing fat easier.
Instead of Cruches
Try these army exercises that strengthen and tone your stomach as part of a whole body workout.
Hold your stomach muscles in during the day, whenever you can think of it. This will strengthen your abdominal girdle and create a flatter stomach.
Sit up straight and pull in your stomach muscles when sitting. You might want to create physical reminders to do this such as a post-it note at your desk or a loose rubber band around your wrist.
Stretching, Take breaks throughout the day to do back bending stretches that will stretch out your stomach muscles and keep them from becoming shortened which is not good for your stomach or your back.