Top 10 Effective Fitness Tips for Brides
Brides always want to look their best on their wedding day, and for some of them this will mean spending more time on their health and beauty regime in the run up to their big day. There is no makeup, hairstyle, manicure or tan that can give you the look of sculpted shoulders and a lean body that exercise can bring. Getting ready to shed the pounds to look good in your gown? If you are one of the many brides-to-be preparing to walk down the aisle this spring. Through their journey these brides have learned to maintain a healthier lifestyle and lose weight, and now I will share these some fitness tips for brides with you!
The Most Useful Health and Fitness Tips for Brides
- Set a Goal: Setting yourself a goal is a great way to get motivated. Whether it’s training for a charity fun run or losing extra pounds ready to slip into that party dress, setting a goal can help you stay focused and reminds you why exercising is good for you. Having someone to work out with whether a personal trainer or a friend will help get you there!
- Avoid Fad Diets. As tempting as they sound with their promises of big results in little time, they will leave you worse than they found you. You will lose some weight, but it will mostly be water and muscle! And when you stop the diet, it will go right back on again.
- Listen to music while you workout. Upbeat music keeps you motivated, and studies have shown that people who listen to music while they work out, workout for longer than those who don’t.
- Tired of working out on the treadmill? Then vary up your workouts. Join fitness classes that focus on strength and cardio exercises. There is a sea of endless workout possibilities to help you sculpt and tone for your wedding day.
- Breathing exercises must be a part of your wellness plan. Deep breathing or conscious breathing help to de-clutter the mind, brings better clarity of mind and alleviates tension, stress, worries and negative thoughts.
- Having a balanced lifestyle is crucial to your health and wellbeing. Make sure you stretch well after a work out, especially running and jogging. Allow at least 30 seconds for each stretch, It’s important to remember that the goal of stretching is to develop and maintain an appropriate range of motion around specific joints.
- Drink Plenty of Water. There are times when your can confuse your body’s cry for water as a need for food. Avoid the confusion by staying hydrated. Keep a bottle of water handy at all times.
- According to a recent Penn University Study, eating a small bowl soup before your main meal can save up to 700 calories a week. Subjects who ate soup before lunch consumed 100 fewer calories at that meal. So go ahead have some soup and slim down to look leaner in your wedding gown!
- Celebrity Kareena Kapoor says that all brides do surya namaskars as it works like magic! It helps improve energy and flexibility, tones your body and knocks off the weight as well as the inches.
- Get a Personal Trainer! Take the stress out of getting into that dress, by benefiting from a personal trainer’s expertise and experience.
With so many easy, fun fitness tips for brides on my list, there’s sure to be something to motivate and inspire you to get fit before you big day. If you are happy and stress-free on your wedding day, you will be a blissful bride no matter your size.