How To Start Running For Weight Loss
In my experience, running for weight loss has been the most effective exercise in keeping the extra pounds at bay. I’ve a number of different exercises including riding a bike, roller balding, and elipitcising but none of them were as effective as running.
If you are interested in running for weight loss, be sure to start of slow. Trying to run to too fast in the beginning can hurt you rather than help. I remember when I first starting running, I tried to basically sprint for my entire workout. This caused me to get sick about half way through. My muscles were also terribly sore after the workout. After that, I realized that taking it slow was the better approach.
One of the most effective ways to shed pounds is to lose weight by running. Running is also a very efficient ways to lose weight and keep it off. One of the biggest challenges for those trying to lose weight and get in shape is adopting a successful long-term plan.
Most people that a start running program, stay running because they enjoy it. We all want to get in better shape, but sometimes maintaining that shape is the real challenge. To understand how we lose weight by running, we need to first understand the science of weight gain and weight loss:
Running For Weight Loss:
- The first step would be to prepare yourself for the fact that you will undertake a running program to lose weight.
- Set realistic goals for yourself. You just cannot lose weight immediately and instantly. Know for sure that the process is a long one and it will take time to reflect the results.
- Consider a complete program of exercise, diet and lifestyle changes. You ideal reason for running is to burn up more calories than what you consume. Running will definitely help you do so, but you also need to maintain a specific diet plan.
- Taking into consideration that you are just a beginner, do not force yourself into a strict diet. To follow the new running regime you would require the necessary energy and the nutrients to run. Slowly, make changes in your diet plan.
- Once you have made minor changes in your diet plan, slowly increase the distance. Do not set time limit for your running. The main goal at this stage is to keep going without injuring or hurting yourself.
- This might come to you as a surprise but running also has a proper technique. If you are not running in the right way, you would end up hurting yourself. A change in the early stage would help prevent unnecessary injuries.
- Do not worry if your weight goes up initially. This may be because you would be building lean muscle, which is denser when compared to fat. However, after the initial rise, you would realize that you have lost weight.
- Instead of focusing on the running distance, focus on the running technique. You would definitely cover more distance with the right technique, thereby losing more weight. Remember, the more you run, the more you would end up burning fat.
- Once you have become comfortable running and feel no ache or pain, start increasing the speed of running. This would help you burn your fat quickly.
- Last but not the least, enjoy running. The more you run with pleasure, the easier it will be to lose weight. Remember, if it is no fun, it cannot be effective as well.