Acne Home Treatment: Best Remedies For Pimple
Acne is a skin disorder resulting from the action of hormones on the skins sebaceous glands which leads to plugged pores (blackheads and whiteheads), and outbreaks of cysts or nodules commonly called pimples. They may occur on the face, neck, chest, back, shoulders and even the upper arms. It is the most common and chronic skin disease. The acne affects most of the teenagers. However, the disease is not restricted to any age group; adults in there 20s – even into there 40s – can get acne. Being not a life threatening health condition, acne is still upsetting and disfiguring as sometimes it leads to permanent and serious scarring.
Causes of Acne
All forms of acne have their origin in wrong feeding habits, such irregular of eating, improper food , excess of starches, sugar and fatty food.
Chronic constipation is another major cause of acne. If the bowels do not move properly, waste matter is not eliminated as quickly as it should be and the bloodstream become surcharged with toxic matter. The efforts of the skin to eliminate excess waste result in acne and other forms of skin disease.
Home Remedies For Acne
- Zinc, Vitamin A, B & E, echinacea, thyme and tea tree oil can cure acne. Vitamin B complex can improve your acne dramatically. Take vitamin B tablet containing all the B viramins, you should see results in a few weeks.
- Carbohydrate foods with low glycemic index or a low GI diet can improve acne by 50 percent.
- Grind nutmeg (jaiphal) with unboiled milk and apply on acne for 1-2 hours. This works as a magic. Pimples should disappear without leaving a mark.
- Make a paste by mixing honey and cinnamon powder. Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it next morning with warm water. Repeat for two weeks, pimples will disappear forever.
- Rub fresh garlic on and around pimples. Pimples will disappear without a mark with regular applications.
- Mix 1 tablespoon groundnut oil with 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice to prevent formation of blackheads and acne.
- Ground drumstick pods and leaves and mix mixed with fresh lime juice, and apply on pimples. This is also good for blackheads and dark spots.
- Apply juice of raw papaya (including the skin and seed) on swelling pimples or acne.
- Apply fresh lime juice mixed to a glass of boiled milk as a face wash for pimples, blackheads, and cracked skin.
- Mix lime juice and rose water in equal portions. Apply on affected area. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes with lukewarm water.
- Apply ripe tomato or cucumber pulp on acne pimples and keep upto 1 hour, then wash.
- Apply a mixture of 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder. Note that this remedy is not for sensitive skin.
- Make a paste of roasted & powdered pomgranate skin with fresh lime juice and apply over boils,acne, pimple, blackheads and whiteheads.
- Apply grated potatoes as poultice to treat skin blemishes, wrinkles, boils, pimples, blackheads, whiteheads , etc
- Make a paste of sandalwood with rose water. Apply on affected area. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes with lukewarm water.
- Make a paste of ground radish seeds with water and apply on face to remove blackheads.
- Apply a paste of ground seasame seeds with water as poultice for inflammation of the skin due to allergies, skin rashes, and pimples – acne.
- Apply a paste of fresh fenugreek – methi leaves over the face every night and wash with warm water in the morning for preventing pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, dryness, and wrinkles.
- Make a paste of ground orange peel with water and apply on the affected area. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes with lukewarm water.
- Make a paste of salt in vinegar. Rub it on the pimples. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes with lukewarm water.
- Make a paste of turmeric powder in mint juice. Apply on affected area. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes with lukewarm water.
- Apply fresh mint juice over face every night for pimples or acne prevention. Fresh mint juice is good for the treatment of pimples, insect stings, eczema, scabies, & other skin infections.
- Make a paste of neem leaves with turmeric powder. Apply on affected area. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes with lukewarm water. This is a good cure of acne.
- Drinking of wheatgrass juice may remove acne.