How To Clear Up Acne on Your Face: 10 Tips
Your skin is your friend. You like your skin. Your skin likes you. It protects you from the elements and literally keeps you together. You in turn do your best to protect it from any kind of damage. Looking to clear your skin in time for the Valentin’s day? The fastest, most effective path to radiant skin is by incorporating both internal and topical treatments in your day to day routine.
Acne generally occur on the face, neck, back and shoulders. Though not a critical condition, acne can make a person feel miserable due to their appearance. Many natural methods are effective in treating acne within a very short time period. At the end of the day, however, an acne-free face is completely doable. Read on for some helpful hints about how to achieve it.
The Best Natural Acne Care Tips for Valentin’s Day
- Chamomile tea is the best choice to reduce wintertime redness. It acts as an anti-inflammatory, inhibits inflammatory acne and rosacea, and has all-around calming properties. Internally, it also aids in reducing stress and benefiting sleep.
- Apple cider vinegar is a powerhouse when it comes to acting as an acne remedy. Why? It kills off the bacteria that may be causing all the trouble in the first place. It also becomes alkaline, and balances the pH of your skin, which in turn makes it harder for bacteria to thrive. To top it off it’s an astringent, like lemon juice, and will help dry up excess oil.
- Drink enough water. Many doctors recommend that you drink between 9 and 12 cups of water per day (2.2 to 3 liters), depending on whether you are a girl or guy. (Women should drink 9 cups, men should drink 12.) Your skin is an organ in your body, too, and like your kidney, it needs adequate amounts of water to function properly.
- Apply lemon juice via a cotton ball to the infected area before you go to sleep. In the morning, wash your face as normal. The citric-acid properties of the fruit will have helped calm the inflammation.
- Ice can be used to quickly reduce the redness, swelling and inflammation of acne. It helps in improving blood circulation to the affected area, and in tightening the skin pores and removing dirt and oil accumulated on the skin. You can use ice cubes or crushed ice, whichever is convenient.
- Rooibos tea is an excellent choice for winter dryness. It cleanses the pores and leaves the skin moist and supple. It’s a wonderful caffeine-free alternative which accelerates overall healing of the skin.
- Egg whites are an easy and affordable way to help reduce acne and fade scars left by unfortunate blemishes. The reason people have found egg whites to be helpful for their skin is because they’re chock full of proteins and vitamins that both combat acne, and help to rebuild your skin cells.
- Green tea contains tons of antioxidants that help fight free radicals; free radicals affect the cells that may be responsible for signs of aging in the skin. For a healthy alternative to water, brew some tasty and healthy green tea!
- The toothpaste that you use every morning to clean your teeth also can be used to treat pimples quickly. It is most effective when used following the ice remedy. You must use white toothpaste; avoid using gel toothpaste.
- Baking soda is another effective home remedy to get rid of acne because it helps exfoliate the skin to remove excess oil, dirt and dead skin cells. Make a thick paste by mixing one teaspoon of baking soda with some water or lemon juice. Wash your skin well, leaving it slightly damp. Apply the paste on the affected areas and allow it to dry for a few minutes. Never keep baking soda on your skin for longer than a few minutes as it can cause dryness or irritation. Wash your face with warm water. Repeat the process twice a day for quick results.
Incorporate these ten tips in your health and beauty regimen in the weeks to come, and you’ll be sure to sparkle and glow this Valentin’s Day.