The Effective Acne Treatment with Lavender Oil
Lavender oil has many benefits for skin care. Lavandula augustafolia is an evergreen shrub that produces bluish mauve flowers. Lavender is a natural antiseptic and astringent that has been used cosmetically for many years. You may be able to avoid such problems by using natural acne treatments, like lavender oil. This oil is easily available in stores and comes in a wide variety of forms useful for dealing with acne.
The Best Way of Acne Treatment with Lavender Oil
- Mix 1 part of lavender oil mixed with 10 parts of purified water. Mist your face with this water and gently dab your face. This will help in acne reduction. You can also use rose water in the place of water.
- The best lavender oil treatment for body acne is in the bath. Add just a few drops to a tub of water and soak for at least 15 minutes. Unlike pharmaceutical acne treatments, researchers have not proven the efficacy of lavender oil in skin treatments.
- Use Lavender oil for face steaming. Add a few drops of oil to a facial steamer or to a bowl of steaming water. Put your face over the bowl allowing the steam to open your pores and benefit your skin. This is a wonderful way to relax for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes wash your face with fresh water.
- Take a gentle cleanser and add some drops of lavender oil. Mix both of them. Now, use this as a face wash. When used regularly, it can help in reducing your acne.
- You can mix lavender oil with tea tree oil and use it. Applying it can help in reducing acne.
- Applying lavender essential oil to your pimple can be an effective treatment if nothing else works. However, take care not to apply lavender essential oil to your whole face. The solution is very concentrated and may not be suitable for all skin types.
- Lavender also has sedative effects. Try adding a few drops to bath water for a calm, quiet bath time. Lavender sprayed in the babies room can help quiet crying and promote sleep. Do not spray directly on children.
- You can also use lavender oil directly on your face. Rub it on your face and leave it overnight. This can help in reducing acne.
While applying lavender oil, ensure that you keep the oil away from areas such as eyes, lips and nostrils. Avoid using this oil if you are allergic to it.