How To Reduce and Remove Acne Naturally
If you are like most of people who suffer from acne, you have probably tried many different ways to get rid of your acne. Key factors in the development of acne include inflammation, excess oil, bacteria and clogged pores. While going to a dermatologist will provide you with the best solutions for your particular acne, you may be able to reduce your acne naturally. Thankfully, there are natural ways to reduce acne that can be safe and effective. Just be sure to see your doctor before trying any such treatments.
The Best Natural Ways To Reduce Acne Quickly
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser, twice a day or after excessive sweating. Using juice extracted from a fresh tomato or cucumber to cleanse your face will help to remove excess oils and flush the pores, Leave the juices on your face for five minutes before rinsing them off. Rinse the juice off sooner, if irritation occurs.
- Try to avoid touching your face. There’s a lot of oil on your fingers and touching you face can transfer these oils to your skin and clog your pores.
- Avoid squeezing pimples. Bacteria on your hands or on unsterile equipment can lead to more blemishes and possible scarring.
- Limit your sun exposure. The sun damages your skin. While a tan or burn may mask the appearance of acne, it irritates the skin and worsens breakouts.
- Drink more water every day. “Eight glasses of water a day can keep acne away.” The reason is that water can carry waste material out of our body and it really helps heal and prevent acne flare-ups.
- Do not use oily products. Avoid products such as hair pomades, intense oil-based facial moisturizers, and oily cleansers.
- There are many at-home remedies that reduce acne. For instance, toothpaste works because the sodium fluoride reduces inflammation and helps to eradicate the oils and bacteria that cause acne. It should be applied to the affected areas of the skin in small dabs and left on for a few minutes before it is washed off.
- Use essential oils such as calendula, chamomile, juniper, lavendar and mint directly on your skin. Mix 10 drops of any of the oils with 2 tbsp. soy or almond oil, and smooth a few drops on dampened skin.
- Avoid popping, picking or squeezing your acne. Popping a pimple may reduce it temporarily, it pushes the bacteria within the acne to spread to surrounding skin tissue.
- The healthier you are, the healthier your skin will be. Eat foods high in fiber such as whole grains, fruits and vegetables. Try to stay away from junk food and caffeine. Daily exercise will also keep you feeling healthy.
The problem isn’t the acne or the products you have been using. It is what is going on within your own body. So until you fix the cause of the acne you will never be able to get rid of it.