How To Treat Acne On Neck
Many victims of neck acne believe that it can be cured the same any acne on any part of the body is cured. However, neck acne treatment is unique in how treatment is applied. Acne can crop up in some pretty unusual and unpleasant places the chest, shoulders, buttocks, etc. One of the more unpleasant places where acne can occur is the neck. This can cause quite a bit of discomfort, and also requires a unique treatment approach.
Oil and dirt are part of what causes neck acne. The neck is part of the body that is particularly susceptible to developing acne because it often accumulates sweat and dirt. Acne is caused by the collection of dirt and bacteria in pores clogged by an excess of oil produced by sebaceous glands in the hair follicles. If the neck is oily or sweaty, the chances of developing acne are elevated.
Getting acne on your neck and jaw line can be very frustrating. The way to treat this type of pimple problem is a little different from treating acne on the rest of your body. This requires a totally unique healing approach that you may be curious to know more about. Neck blemishes can be very frustrating for many reasons and it is a pleasure to give you the answer to solve this skin care issue.
Neck Acne Causes:
Acne on the neck is caused by clogged pores from the buildup of dead cells and oil inside the pores. The dead stick together and cause the pores to be blocked. Skin oil and bacteria have no way of escaping to the surface so they are imprisoned inside the cells and grow into acne.
Neck acne happens more often in boys and men than in girls and women. Oily hair is often the culprit for these blemishes, whether it be facial hair or your normal hair neck line.
Tips to Avoid Neck Acne:
Avoid wearing high-collared shirts that may irritate the area, if a high-collared shirt is necessary, wear soft cotton shirts that are less irritating, and don’t try to pick the neck acne with your nails. If you have a problem of neck acne right along your hairline, discontinue the use of any hair styling products that may be causing this irritation.
How to Treat Neck Acne:
- Acne develops on the front and back of the neck for the same reason: clogged pores. However, treatment is different because of the texture and thickness differences of the front of the neck and the back of the neck. The skin on the front of the neck is very thin and delicate. You must be very careful how you apply treatment because it is very easy to irritate this very sensitive area of the body.
- The skin on the back of the neck is the same as the skin on the back, so acne on the back of the neck can be treated the same way as acne on the back. This area is not as sensitive and can be treated as directed.
- Acne products can be used to treat all neck acne. If there is a light or moderate case of neck acne, gentle cleansing is required for the front and back of the neck plus a 2% salicylic acid formula is applied. However, you will treat the front of the neck one half as often as you do the back of the neck.
- For example, if directions for the acne product are to apply the product twice per day every day, you will follow directions exactly for the back of the neck, but only once per day for the front of the neck or every other day.
- If your neck acne is more severe, gentle cleansing and a formula that includes 2.5% benzoyl peroxide along with the 2% salicylic acid is a more aggressive combination. Again you should follow the directions exactly for the back of the neck and half the frequency for the front of the neck.
- Neck acne can be treated with proper care. The information in this article about the sensitivity of the front of the neck will help you avoid further irritation in that area. Proper cleansing and treatment with an acne product help to keep the neck area free and clear of acne.