8 Easy Tips To Make Your Hair Shine
Shiny hair is healthy hair. It’s hard to keep hair shiny and healthy when you use a hair dryer, curling iron, flat iron, hair color, and other styling tools and techniques that rough up your hair cuticles. It’s a roughed-up cuticle that makes hair look dull. A smooth hair cuticle looks like a roof under a microscope, with all the singles neatly lying flat. Smooth cuticles are shiny because light reflects off smooth surfaces. But dry it and curl and color it and before you know it, your hair is dull.
Everyone has a desire to flaunt long, healthy and shiny hair as hair play an important role in deciding your final appearance. While most of us have a dream to possess beautiful hair, very few of us are aware that attaining shiny hair is an easy task which does not require spending endless hours and money in the parlor. By following certain daily hygienic and natural methods, one can attain hair which anyone would fall for.
Many of us have perfect shiny, bouncy hair but just because we do not take good care of them we now encounter suggestions from every person we meet. Here we have a list of ways of how to get shiny hair and also how you can keep them healthy & shiny forever.
Things You’ll Need:
- A comb or brush.
- Plastic wrap (optional, but helpful for extra shine and smoothness!)
- Two bowls.
- Egg yolk
- Olive oil
Fine Hair: for fine hair look for a shampoo with wheat proteins and polymers. These ingredients coat the hair shaft making it look thicker. Use spray volumizers. These are light enough and will deposit a light mist of shine in the form of droplets without wilting your hair.
Normal Hair: for normal hair use a shampoo that has silk amino acids, this softens and repairs hair structure. Lecithin restores hair texture. To add shine you can use gels and creams. First apply the product on your palm, rub your hands together and pat gently on to your hair.
Thick and Coarse Hair: Use pomades they will not only make your hair shiny but will moisturize your hair as well.
Tips For Shiny Hair:
- Use heat-activated shampoo.
- Deep condition at least weekly.
- Don’t use a lot of styling products as they can dull the hair by coating it.
- Use Strawberry hair mask: mash eight strawberries with one-tablespoon mayonnaise. Massage this into washed but damp hair. Cover it with a shower cap and then a warm towel. Wash out with a shampoo and then condition. This mask will give your hair a rich gloss.
- Increase the shine in your hair by giving your hair a cool blast of air to seal the cuticle after it is completely dry. If the cuticles are ragged then your hair will not shine.
- For blonde hair use a few tablespoons of lemon juice to your rinse water. This will make your hair shiny.
- For brown and red hair add a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to your rinse water.
- For shiny hair you can also mix one teaspoon of honey into 4 cups of warm water. After shampooing, pour the mixture through your hair, but do not rinse. Dry as normal.
- If you are allergic to milk or eggs, don’t try this formula.
- Don’t use too much olive oil, or your hair will become greasy.
- Using a pick instead of a brush would work better for extremely snarly hair.