10 Ways To Speed Up Your Metabolism and Lose Weight
If you find it hard to lose weight, do you need to increase your metabolism? Will efforts to boost metabolism help you lose weight and gain energy? There are so many factors that determine your metabolic rate, says Janet Rankin, PhD, professor of human nutrition, foods, and exercise at Virginia Tech. The metabolism is one of the most mis-understood processes of the human body.
Many people complain they can’t lose weight simply because they have a “slow metabolism”. And they think this is just them, something they have to live with. This article will tell you how to speed up your metabolism and lose weight naturally so that your body will be able to better process and digest foods, rather than turn fats, sugars, and carbs into unsightly body fat.
The Best Ways To Get Your Metabolism and Lose Weight
- Ice cold beverages prompt the body to burn more calories during digestion. Research suggests five or six glasses of water on the rocks can use up an extra 10 calories a day. That might not sound like much, but it adds up to a pound of weight loss per year without dieting.
- Make sure you eat every three to four hours. The body works hard to digest the food you eat and your metabolism revs up to do this. Just remember to keep your portion sizes down. The idea is to eat more often throughout the day, not to eat more.
- Eat little and often – there’s evidence that eating small, regular meals throughout the day, rather than one or two large meals, may help to keep your metabolism ticking over.
- Green tea is the main source of epigallocatechin gallate, known better as EGCG. This healthy catechin speeds up your brain and nervous system, causing your body to burn more calories.
- Eating more really can help you lose weight eating more often, that is. When you eat large meals with many hours in between, your metabolism slows down between meals. Having a small meal or snack every 3 to 4 hours keeps your metabolism cranking, so you burn more calories over the course of a day.
- Build Muscle – You can do this in a variety of ways. If you like pilates or tae-bo, do this a few times per week. If you like light weight work outs at the gym, try this two to three times per week. It will help your body burn calories at all times, even in your sleep! After some time, you can consider adding a whey isolate protein supplement, which will help you build muscle without gaining too much weight.
- Drink the obligatory 8-10 glasses of water per day to keep your metabolism going and add ice as a bonus to burn calories. You read that right, drinking iced water will stimulate your body to burn cals during digestion which means you are burning calories without doing a thing!
- Spicy foods, such as chilli, horseradish, ginger and cayenne pepper can increase your metabolism by up to 50% for up to three hours after eating. So be liberal with the chilli sauce, indulge in a hot curry or snack on a fiery salsa.
- Chill out – research shows that being very cold can increase metabolism by up to 20 percent.
- Work in strength training exercise two to three days a week. Lifting weights and other strengthening activities, such as doing push-ups or crunches, on a regular basis will actually boost your resting metabolism all day.
You can access the calorie database and keep track of how many calories you’re burning and how many you are eating. I have already shared with you a guide of liquid diet plans to lose weight or build muscle within the coming week. Hope you will fallow these tips.