7 Best Ways To Deal With Having Acne
Acne is usually found where the oil glands are more active and where the skin has more pores. The pores are the holes where the body hair comes through, and the oil glands that are around these pores secret sebum. The sebum may be produced in excessive amounts and this combined with any grime that is on the skin, will develop into acne.
Having a case of bad acne can really destroy anyone’s social life especially if you’re a teenager where much of the focus of life is about popularity and caring too much about what other people think. This can be a hard time to go and get through but eventually, it will pass. This article will be about how to deal with having acne mentally as well as give you some tips on what you can do to help reduce the problem so that you can hopefully get through this phase without damaging your self esteem too much.
Easy Ways To Deal With Having Acne:
- First of all, you should be sure to wash your face twice a day. You should use a soap that is made for face washing. Using a regular bar of soap is going to dry your skin, and you will have a better chance of getting acne. You can pick from lots of different kinds of soaps designed for washing faces.
- There are facial soaps that you can use for dry skin, or for oily skin, or for normal skin. There are also face soaps that will gently exfoliate your skin. One thing to keep in mind is that there are facial soaps that are made to reduce acne. Some of them are preventative acne reducers, but you can also buy soaps that are made with medicines to help you fight the acne that you already have.
- These medicated soaps are something that you should take care in when using, because they might also irritate your skin. You should use them on a small portion of your face first, and if there is no irritation, you can use them normally.
- An important factor in reducing acne comes after you have washed your face. The use of a good, gentle, alcohol free toner is a good way to make sure that your pores are clear of dirt and grime, and that your entire face is clean. Use these cooling toners on your face after you have washed it by putting a small amount on a cotton ball and wiping it across your face.
- This will help to prevent acne. When you are finished with the toner, you will also want to use a gentle face lotion. Be careful not to use regular body lotion on your face, because regular body lotions might have chemicals or other things added like perfumes or coloring that might cause more acne. A face lotion should be light and gentle, and like the toner, you should use it sparingly at first. A good lotion will keep your face hydrated and smooth and will lesson your chances for acne.
- Another important thing that you should always remember about preventing acne is to never sleep with makeup or other things on your face. When you sleep, your sweat and body oils might mix with whatever is on your face and cause acne. You might also press your face against a pillow or blanket and your pores will not be able to breathe. The make up is going to cause you to develop acne. Always remember to wash your face before you go to sleep.
- When you are looking to prevent acne, the most important step is to keep your face clean and healthy. That way, even if you have a genetic disposition towards acne, you will be able to do the best job you can in controlling it and hopefully you will be able to pass through this period in your life with ease!
- Never scratch your acne. This makes it looks gross, and results into total scarring.
- Popping is not a good solution. Acne most of the time goes away by itself, so there’s no need for popping, especially because you will have a scarred face afterward. Popping can also cause it to become infected.