Daily Hair Care Tips For Smooth and Silky Hairs
Head the crown of the body, if not covered by beautiful thick hair spoils the entire look of a person. So looking after hair or hair care is as important as looking after any other part of the body. Today hair are affected by many factors as environment, pollution, harmful chemicals, lack of proper diet, stress, harmful UV Rays, lack of sleep etc. so even if one gets naturally beautiful hair, one needs to care more about them to maintain them.
As skin has types hairs too has types as normal, dry and oily and as the skin has different complexion, hair have different texture as straight, curly or wavy. Some people have silky or some have dry coarse hair. Many people suffer from dandruff or premature graying of the hair. Want to know more about everyday hair care? Check out the tips listed in the following lines, just for you!
Everyday Hair Care Tips:
A proper cleansing routine, which includes shampooing and conditioning, is very essential to maintain healthy hair. Make sure to use only the shampoo and conditioner that is meant for your particular hair type dry, normal or oily. Wash your hair twice or thrice a week, but not daily, and use a conditioner every time.
Brushing the hair regularly is important both to free it of dust, dead cells and tangles and to stimulate the scalp. A brush which has bristles with rounded tips is best, since it is less likely to scratch the scalp or tear and split the hair. Also the best brush has boar and nylon bristles the boar bristles carry oil and help moisturize hair, while the nylon ones gently exfoliates the scalp. The key to a good stroke is in brushing the hair from nape of the neck towards the crown of the head.
- Remember to shampoo in small, circular movements; don’t forget to target dirt collecting areas such as the nape of your neck.
- Massaging your scalp will increase blood flow which encourages growth and will stimulate your hair’s natural oils (producing shiny locks).
- Coarse/dry hair will benefit from hydrating shampoos.
- Fine/oily hair should be washed with a clear shampoo (one that doesn’t look creamy).
- Normal hair can use just about any type of shampoo- just remember to always use good quality products for the best results.
- Similar to body lotion for your skin, conditioner is moisturizer for your hair and will keep your strands hydrated and manageable.
- For an even application use your hands and a wide-toothed comb.
- If you’ve got coarse/dry hair try a hydrating conditioner and apply it right from your roots to your ends.
- For fine/oily hair use a lightweight conditioner and avoid putting it on your roots (evenly distribute it from the mid-lengths to the ends).
- For normal hair you can use just about any kind of conditioner, applied from your roots to your ends also.
On a daily basis, keep five minutes for gently massaging your scalp, with the help of your fingers. You can also make use of a rubber scalp massager, for the purpose. Massaging will improve the blood circulation to your scalp and also help you relieve stress and fight split ends.
Oiling The Scalp:
Though your scalp produces oil on a regular basis, it is not enough to keep your hair shiny and strong. You need some external oil application as well, be it through almond oil, olive oil, coconut oil or aloe vera oil. It will help nourish your hair roots and give the stands a healthy sheen.
Having a healthy and well-balanced diet forms a very important part of your everyday hair care routine. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables, especially the one rich in iron and protein, and make sure to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water in a day. This will go a long way in making your hair healthy and full of shine.
If you want healthy and long hairs you should avoid using hair dryers and if you use dryers you should stick hair dryer on one place for long time as this can harm your hair. Swimming is a good exercise but before jumping into a swimming pool wet your hair enough with plain water. As pool water contains chlorine, which is not good to your hair.