Hair Loss Prevention Treatments For Women
When you start finding your hair strands floating under the shower after shampooing or when you find that your comb has more hair than your head, there is a pretty good chance that you are facing the problem of hair loss. If stress, lack of balanced diet, irregular sleeping patterns or the wrong choice of hair-care products has landed you in excessive loss of hair, then you can probably find a cure for the problem.
If you’re a modern woman, you may suffer from female pattern baldness and not even know it. If you find your hair is thinning out or even falling out a lot you may need to honestly confront the situation and do something about finding a solution to the problem. The good news is that there’s a lot of great information available online, including some terrific products that are specifically created as a hair loss treatment for women. And this means they’re powerful and show results. Are you ready for a full, healthy head of hair?
What causes excessive hair loss?
Hormonal problems may cause hair loss. If your thyroid gland is overactive or under active, your hair may fall out. This hair loss usually can be helped by treatment thyroid disease. Hair loss may occur if male or female hormones, known as androgen and estrogen, are out of balance. Correcting the hormone imbalance may stop your hair loss.
Many women notice hair loss about 3 months after they’ve had a baby. This loss is also related to hormones. During pregnancy, high levels of certain hormones cause the body to keep hair that would normally fall out. When the hormones return to pre-pregnancy levels, that hair falls out and the normal cycle of growth and loss starts again.
Ways To Prevent Hair Loss:
- Hair care products should be chosen carefully, because they would directly affect the growth of your hair. Never use harsh shampoos, conditioners or stylizing products, because they would have a negative effect on the growth of your hair on account of prolonged use. If any such product causes hair loss, visit a dermatologist and some products that are suitable for your hair.
- Certain medications can also lead to hair loss. Therefore, consult your physician in case any medicine causes the heavy loss of hair.
- Overuse of hair dyes, hairdryer and curling iron can aggravate the problem of hair loss, leading to baldness. Hence, do not use such products on a regular basis, if you are facing the problem of excessive loss of hair.
- In case you are coloring your hair on a regular basis, be sure to leave a gap of at least 6 to 8 weeks between each session. This will prevent hair loss. Let your hair turn gray naturally. After all, it is better to sport gray hair than baldness!
- Hair follicles are made of protein. Therefore, it is advisable to eat a diet rich in protein. Include protein-rich food such as low-fat cheese, eggs, almond, beans sprouts, fish, seafood and yogurt in your diet. Soy milk and tofu are smart additions to the diet, as they are enriched with protein.
- Try to use hair care products that have organic ingredients, like the herbal ones. Since such products contain less harsh chemicals, they are often suggested to people suffering from the problem of hair loss.
- Tight hairstyles such as braids, buns and ponytails can also lead to hair loss. The best way to prevent hair loss is to adopt easy hairstyle.
- Alcohol and tobacco are the root causes for majority of hair loss problems. Hence, quit habits such as smoking and consumption of alcohol.
- Calcium is another important nutrient for strengthening the hair follicles and roots in your scalp. Hence, include food rich in calcium in your diet.
- The next thing to a balanced diet is sound sleep. Do not compromise with seven hours of sleep, because irregular sleeping pattern is one of the leading causes for hair loss. Therefore, make sure that you sleep enough and on time.
Avoid excessive shampooing–once daily is usually sufficient, using a mild, unmedicated, non-alkaline shampoo (organic ingredients, whenever possible).