General Tips For Getting Rid Of Skin Discoloration
This condition may not be life-threatening or even affect your health in a major way, but skin discoloration can be a stressful malady just the same. It may be the reason you don’t wear some of your favorite clothes and it may keep you from going out to social events. But there are some things you can do to address this situation. You can make yourself look better and you can mix with friends and family with confidence.
We all suffer from skin discoloration. This happens due to sun exposure. Though most of us are aware of the fact that we need to protect ourselves from the sun and use a sunscreen it is most often forgotten. This has an adverse effect on your skin color. Besides the sun; factors such as pregnancy, illnesses and medications can also affect the texture and color of your skin. This can happen all over you body and there are several home remedies that will help to ease your distress.
Getting Rid Of Skin Discoloration:
- Smoking can be one of the reasons that can trigger the appearance of dark spots on the skin. You should try to stop smoking for a glowing skin and good health.
- Vitamin E is widely known for its antioxidant properties, and is used to reduce the appearance of brown spots.
- You can consider using whitening skin cream on a regular basis to lighten your skin discoloration.
- Dilated veins or thread veins appear like red traces on legs or cheeks. They are more common in women than men. The possible causes are long periods of standing or sitting, skin type, injury, heredity, and hormones. Laser therapy is effective in treating this condition. You can also opt for sclerotherapy where a chemical like saline solution is injected into your vein.
- Vitiligo is a complete loss of skin pigment. This kind of skin discoloration includes autoimmune or auto toxic reaction where the nerve cells obstruct the production of skin pigment. For a lesser damage of skin pigmentation you can opt for an ultraviolet therapy to reduce the white patches, and in serious conditions of vitiligo, an oral medication is administered to obtain a uniform and a lighter look.
- Pregnancy can cause brown stains, known as melasma, on your face and chest. You can apply topical creams on the area regularly. Or you can use glycolic acid peels, and sunscreen lotions. Avoid too much of sun exposure during pregnancy as the stains become more visible during that time.
- Age spots generally appear on your hands, face and chest as you grow old. Age spots can be mistaken for freckles. These spots have irregular shapes, and are generally larger in size than freckles. To get rid of age spots, you can use chemical peels, and lightening creams. A laser treatment can also be very useful in removing age spots.
- Moles are skin discolorations that are flat or raised. These blemishes appear as brown or black. They can also grow in size with age. A laser treatment can help you get rid of a mole completely. However, make sure that you take medical advice before you opt for a laser treatment.
- Birthmarks come in various shapes and sizes, which appear at birth. Some birthmarks fade away during childhood. If they persist, you can opt for laser technology to destroy or reduce the globule.
- Skin discoloration is a result of the overproduction of a pigment known as melanin. The more the melanin, the darker the skin is. Protect your skin against too much of exposure to the sun, and the harmful ultraviolet rays. Apply sunscreen lotions and creams before venturing out in hot weather.
Natural Remedies for Skin Discoloration:
- Wash your face with sour milk. Lactic acid will provide gentle peeling effect without irrtating or drying your skin.
- Lemon juice is a time proven freckle fighting remedy. It is not necessary to rub your skin with a piece of lemon. Applying the juice with your fingers will do the job.
- Fruit and vegetable masks (apricots, strawberries, cucumbers, red currant).
- Sour cream mask . Do not wash this mask off completely, just remove gently with facial tissue, then apply a moisturizer. For oily skin – use lemon juice before applying the mask.
- Natural parsley juice (or parsley infusion) mixed with equal amounts of lemon juice, orange juice, and red currant juice under your favorite cream will help you keep your freckles invisible.
Please remember that skin discoloration (excluding pregnancy mask which should disappear after delivery) require consistent treatment. Once you stop using lighteners and protection, the dark patches will be back. But keeping up with your skin regiment is not difficult: all you need is a gentle yet effective lightener and a moisturizer with complete UV protection – against both UVB and UVA rays.