Top 13 Tips For Black Hair Care
An ultimate symbol of beauty, the shiny flowing black hair has legions of poets swooning over it. In the east, literature abounds with beautiful princesses with characteristic flowing black hair. Black hair is also given the most importance when it comes to writing songs on beauty. One of the most common problems in black hair is the eruption of the gray strands.
Black hair is chemically the same as other types of hair, but it has a unique physical structure that requires special hair care techniques. If you have Black hair, here are some tips to help your hair look and feel its best. It may also be detrimental for the hair condition. Since, prevention is better than cure it is very important that proper care should be taken to maintain healthy black hair. Staying away from chemicals is very necessary for the overall health of the hair. In the article below are tips to take care of black hair.
Black Hair Care Tips:
- Drink plenty of water and have a healthy balanced diet. Water intake gives the hair the much-needed moisture, which helps in maintaining their natural color. Minimize the stress level and do exercise two to three times a week.
- Make sure you shield the hair by using a protective product, when you use hot combs or curling tongs.
- Apply henna at least once a week. Mix the henna powder in water and keep overnight preferably in an iron vessel. Next day, add one egg white and apply it to the hair and the roots. Keep it for drying. Wash with water once dry. You can also mix curd in the henna if you have dandruff problems.
- Apply curd on the scalp and leave it for ten minutes. Wash it with a mild shampoo. It nourishes the hair and conditions it.
- Wash your hair with shampoos and other hair care products that will add the natural oils in your hair. Go for brands that are specifically made for black hair.
- Always use a conditioner after shampooing. It is better to use a separate shampoo and conditioner, as two in ones are not suitable for black hair.
- Prevent damage to your hair by using a wide toothed comb. Comb as often as you can to increase the blood circulation in the scalp and also to spread the natural oils.
- Use, gel, or hair sprays at the root of your hair to give it a lift. Stay away from elastic bands, which can pull and break your hair.
- Once a month go for a hot oil treatment, which will help the black hair from being brittle. It also acts as a lubricator.
- Instead of rubbing the hair for drying, it is better to press the hair dry, as this is gentler on the hair.
- To maintain the moisture balance and help eliminate a dry scalp, use a softening shampoo for braided black hair.
- Have a regular haircut to prevent the spilt ends.
- Lime is very good for black hair. Wash your hair in lime juice three times a week. Apply the lime juice in the roots of the hair, keep it for ten minutes, and then shampoo it.