Useful Tips For Facial Skin Care
A facial is great way to relax mind, body and soul. It’s important to know what exactly a facial is before going for it. A facial is for cleansing, exfoliating for a gleaming hydrated skin. It restores the luster on dull and fatigued skin. Spas and clinics have become popular destination for wide range of facials. Before getting a facial done it is essential to identify the skin type. Skins are generally divided into five categories as oily, dry, normal, combination and sensitive skin.
Before you start up doing facials, the first and foremost thing to do is to identify your skin type. The five major types of the skin are Oily skin, Dry skin, Normal skin, Combinatorial skin and Sensitive skin. After analyzing your skin type, follow the facial treatment, as under, according to your skin type needs.
Never take your skin for granted. Everyone of us should take care of atleast basic needs of skin. Skin should be kept clean & protected from sunlight. Since, the skin of the face needs even more care than the rest of the body, it is important to give extra attention to it. Believe it or not, giving only 5 to 15 minutes a day to your face can help enhance your overall personality!
The face has more oil glands, especially the central forehead, adjacent to eye areas, nose & chin. For a flawless & glowing facial skin, One should perform a brief morning regimen & a longer regimen before going to bed. Follow following morning & evening facial care regimen for better results:
Morning Facial Skin Care:
- Clean your face with luke-warm water, every morning. Avoid bar soap. Instead use a creamy cleanser or purifying gel wash.
- Blot gently with a towel to dry the skin. Do not rub.
- To restore the natural pH level of the skin, you should tone the skin on the face. Toning makes your skin clean, clear & ready to be hydrated. Remember, toning also helps remove any residual cleanser or make-up that may have been left behind.
- Apply a moisturizer which suits to your skin type. A moisturizer helps smooth away fine lines & dryness leaving your skin feeling softer & smoother. Now, you can apply a sunscreen on top of the moisturizer.
- You are now ready to wear your makeup. Match foundation with your skin tone & ensure it looks natural.
Evening Facial Skin Care:
- Similar to the morning regimen, start your evening regimen, too, by cleaning your face with luke-warm water with a creamy cleanser or purifying gel wash. Washing your face with these skin cleansers will remove your makeup.
- Next, apply toner using a cotton pad. Exfoliate before face dry. Exfoliating helps in removing dead skin cells. It also brightens the skin & give healthy glow to your face. Massage gently & rinse well.
- Finally, apply a moisturizer to your face, which is specified for your skin type. A firming eye cream should also be used around the eye area. Important: Since, skin needs to breathe over night,never go to bed with your make-up on. Make-up that is left on overnight clogs the pores & prevents the skin cells from shedding, which may cause blemishes &/or blackheads.
More Tips for Facial Care:
- Drink lots of water.
- Wash your face at least twice a day.
- Don’t smoke.
- Consume alcoholic beverages in moderation.
- Do facial exercises & get facials.
- Eat plenty of fruits & vegetables.
- Steam yourself. It’s not only good for the skin but also reduces stress.
- Never scrub your skin. Gently massage it.
- Take adequate sleep.