Fabulous Ideas For Home Decor in Summer
Ever wonder why so many apartment and house are not decorated in almost every season? Summer decor is all about finding the right balance between enjoyment, relaxing, and livable interiors. This is simple way for your apartment decorating ideas to challenge summer climate. Light colors are the summer style, so I think bright and bursts of color is suitable for your furniture set or wall color. Summer is the other name of lighter shades and colors. So don’t limit lighter shades to your wardrobe only but extend them to your home as well. Blacks and browns, no matter sleek they may look, are not the hot favorites for summers.
Summer is about relaxing and enjoying the season. From cooling interior color palettes to opting for casual interiors over the stuffy formal ones, summer decor ideas are easy. Do you have a summer beach house, or would you like your apartment to feel like a summer beach house? Either way, the warm outdoors and cool evening breezes make your home the optimal place to entertain and relax.
When decorating your home for the summer, it’s important to keep in mind that this special time of the year is subject to many influences. Summer is the time of year for bringing out the red, white and blue in both your clothing, and your home decorating. It’s the time to enjoy such culinary treats as fresh fruit, picnic lunches, dinner on the grill, and that All-American classic, apple pie.
In the summer, the days are long, and the nights are warm. Sitting outside watching the night sky will provide a lifetime of memories. Bring those memories indoors and use the inspiration to influence your home decor. Try these easy summer decor ideas to take advantage of all that the season has to offer.
How To Decorate Home For Summer:
Summer is the time to lighten, brighten, and refresh your home. Whether you want to go all out and make big changes or keep things simple and budget-friendly, there are plenty of things that can be done to revitalize your decor for the season.
- If you want to add color to a room fast, paint is a great option. To save time and money however, try just painting the focal wall in a room. In most average rooms, you can paint just one wall in less than an hour!
- Instead of sewing up new pillow covers and tablecloths, try using no sew techniques instead. Pillows can be wrapped in a piece of unfinished fabric on the diagonal like a present, and wrapped with decorative ribbon to secure it. Use duct tape to put a temporary hem in flat sheets or older tablecloths to make them fit your end tables and breakfast nooks. Once you have those tables covered, use cardboard boxes pushed under the tables to hide the kids toys and books and flip flops, but keep them handy. The floor length tablecloths will hide the storage area.
- Take a box around the room and pick up all your knick knacks and collectibles. Now replace just three of your favorite items or collections. You will appreciate the less cluttered look, and the decrease in dusting chores as well!
- If you love fresh flowers in your home, but hate the time and expense of changing the arrangements, find a sunny spot in your yard and toss out some sunflower seeds! Many varieties leave no pollen on your tables, are foolproof to grow, make your yard look great, and can last up to 10 days in a vase…all for the cost of a packet of seed!
- Take down your layered window treatments and pick up your area rugs for a cool, clean look for summer. Be sure to leave mini blinds or sheers on your windows for privacy and light control.
- Clean the glass in all areas for your home! The shiny surfaces in your home reflect light and sparkle, both contribute to a fresh summer look. Don’t forget your TV screens, kitchen appliances, and even picture frame glass. Try this one technique, and see if your rooms don’t look brighter and cheerier, for no more cost that an little effort a few pennies of glass cleaner or vinegar!
- Finally, mix up your decor a bit for a fresh take on the rooms you’ve spent so much time in these winter months! Move around some furniture, borrow and lend pieces from other rooms. Use clear strings of holiday light over the top of cabinets for sparkle. Bring out your good china and hang it on the wall as art. Put your toaster or bread machine under the cabinets for a cleaner look. Feel free to take down some wall art and store it for next fall. Paint your aging dining set a bright white.
There are a ton of things that can be done to lighten up spaces for the spring and summer. Heck, if you want to take on a bigger job you can always even repaint! Whether you want to invest money, or not even spend a dime, there are things that absolutely anyone can do. And once it’s done you can get out there and enjoy the fabulous summer weather.