Teenage Girl Bedroom Decorating Ideas: Teen Rooms
The key to decorating a teen girl’s bedroom is choosing colors, themes and interests that reflect their personality. Teen girls need a sanctuary where they feel comfortable and relaxed. Dated decor from childhood can make a teen feel her room isn’t special. To decorate this important room, consult your teen for ideas and creative input since she’ll spend the most time here. Depending upon your teen’s taste, you have many decorating options.
- Make sure you know these important things about your child: their favorite colors, celebrities, bands, animals,designs and hobbies. Decorate one wall with whatever color or pattern/color they like. Ideally, you should choose one neutral (soft) color, and one bright (bold) accent color, but sometimes you can go with opposite colors like green and red. As you go through the steps, sticking with this color scheme, you need to make sure of colors aren’t mixed those two colors in your color scheme are the ones you want all around the room which will help all the furniture and ornaments in the room look tied together.
- Paint the walls. Paint is relatively cheap. If you don’t want to spend a lot of money on it, though, paint vertical stripes instead.But wallpaper is a really good choice as well so that you have one room that represents you.
- Get curtains and a duvet cover. If you can’t find them at a reasonable price, go to the fabric store and sew your own! When and if you sew certain materials together make sure that the materials you choose match the colors of the room. But you don’t need curtains as they are not a must have they are just an extra, sometimes they can even make your room look busy.
- The homemaker stores can have some deals so maybe wait till after the Christmas sales. You could also go to garage sales but the stuff there will mostly be second hand and already worn. If this happens to you, you can get new covers for them .I would still go to a homemaker center.
- Buy or make pillows. Get pillows in your color scheme throw them on the bed and put them in an orderly fashion for decoration.
- Put up shelves. Build Simple Floating Shelves, on which to put books, candles, stuffed animals, pictures, and trinkets.
- Fill up an empty wall space by Hang a String of Pictures on a Wall|hanging a string of pictures across or Make a Picture Clothesline.
- Get posters of your child’s favorite band so that the whole room expresses your child’s favorite things.