Effective Asian Bridal Makeup Tips and Ideas
Wedding Day is the most important day in the life of a woman and every young girl desires to look at her best on this blessed day in her life. You have met the man of your dreams, fallen in love with him and even got the marriage date fixed. And now, you are eagerly waiting for the day of your union, when the two of you would become each other’s, forever. In the meantime, you have started with the preparations, right from choosing the venue to selecting the bridal dress.
Asian bridal wedding makeup is a vital part of an Asian wedding. Brides want to look stunning but not overdone. Radiant, sophisticated Asian wedding makeup is simple if you remember the following tips.
- Undertake a skin, hair and nail care program at least 6 weeks before the wedding. Start going for regular facials and manicures and ask your beautician to advise good beauty products as well.
- Stay away from the sun as far as possible. In case you have to move out, do not forget to use a sun-block, with at least 20 SPF. Try to avoid extremes of weather, like wind, pounding rain or freezing cold, as well.
- If you have a stressful job, make sure to go for relaxing massage, at least once in a week. Use essential oils in your bath and try to attend at least one aromatherapy session before the wedding.
- Do not compromise on your sleep; otherwise you will be hard-pressed to hide your under-eye circles on the D-day. At the same time, be happy. Remember, what goes on in your mind reflects on your face as well.
- Make the booking for the make-up artists at least 3-4 months before the wedding. Let him/her see your outfit, so that he/she can plan the exact look. You should also go for a trial session before the wedding.
On Wedding Day
- It is always advisable to synchronize your makeup with the bridal outfit and jewelry. If they are extremely heavy, then you should prefer to get light makeup done on the D-day.
- The time of your wedding also has a bearing on the type and amount of makeup. For instance, heavy makeup looks good at night, but will make you seem very odd under the harsh rays of the sun.
- If your wedding has been scheduled for spring/summer, bright, pastel shades will work the best. For a winter wedding, warmer and deeper shades will be a better option.
- Though your bridal makeup needs to be heavier and more dramatic than the one you do for usual parties, it should no be so heavy that it makes you look like a made-up doll.
- Since it is your wedding, you will be photographed a lot. Remember, foundations will yellow tones work best with flash photography. While, the ones with pink tones will make you look too pale.
- Always go for a lip-liner that is the same shade as your lipstick. Otherwise, you might end up with a lip-line that is too noticeable. At the same time, always stick to long-lasting lipsticks, for your wedding.
- Remember, you have to balance the eye makeup with lip makeup. In case you want to go for dramatic eyes, go for a light-color lip shade. If you are using a dark lipstick, it is better to have natural, light eyes.
- Never ever forget to apply the foundation on your neck, back, ears and other exposed areas of the body as well. Otherwise, your face will look painted on and your beauty – artificial.
- It is advisable to go for a light dusting of translucent powder, so that your face does not end up shining too much. You can also apply bronzing powder to warm your skin tone and get a natural glow.
- Ask your sister, friend or some other female relative to carry a powder compact, tissues and lipstick for you. This will help you do the touch ups, especially if your wedding is going to be a long affair.